Spirit and decay.

mthomas0738

So i was looking at the revenant and it says they gain the spirit characteristic but doesnt sau they are also treated as undead. would they be healed by the decay element. also since they interact normally with physical object could clothing or makeup give them a living or at least corporeal appearance?

In Malifaux and by extension TTB, Spirit and Undead are two different things. You can be one without the other. A Fated Revenant will have the Living  keywords Spirit keywords. A Stitched Revenant will instead have the Undead and Spirit keywords. An Invested Revenant will have the Construct and Spirit keywords and sometimes have the Living Keyword in addition to those (needs an 11, 12, or 13 Tomes in the body position).

it says that they lose those when they gain spirit, and that stitched and invested cannot become one

1 hour ago, AverageBoss said:

In Malifaux and by extension TTB, Spirit and Undead are two different things. You can be one without the other. A Fated Revenant will have the Living  keywords Spirit keywords. A Stitched Revenant will instead have the Undead and Spirit keywords. An Invested Revenant will have the Construct and Spirit keywords and sometimes have the Living Keyword in addition to those (needs an 11, 12, or 13 Tomes in the body position).

Sorry, just got my Under Quarantine book last week and was think of the Medium (who also makes you a Spirit).

Everything else I said is correct though (as far as the spirit and undead keywords being completely independent things.. Just replace the word Revenant with the word Medium in my post :P .

i wonder if its possible to regain the characteristics in any way. i think bete noire is an undead spirit if i remember rights, and shes the pic of revenant.

19 minutes ago, AverageBoss said:

Sorry, just got my Under Quarantine book last week and was think of the Medium (who also makes you a Spirit).

Everything else I said is correct though (as far as the spirit and undead keywords being completely independent things.. Just replace the word Revenant with the word Medium in my post :P .

9 hours ago, AverageBoss said:

Actually, Bete is just undead, not a spirit at all.

Really? between her incorporeality, and her appearin as the bloody picture for the class and it being based almost entirely off her id imagine she was one xD in fact i wonder why it makes u a spirit since its obviously intended to make you into bette

1 hour ago, mthomas0738 said:

Really? between her incorporeality, and her appearin as the bloody picture for the class and it being based almost entirely off her id imagine she was one xD in fact i wonder why it makes u a spirit since its obviously intended to make you into bette

While the Pursuit is based on Bete, she's a unique creature and follows her own strange rules.

Also, when it comes to the Malifaux Game, sometimes the rules don't make sense outside of the game proper because of balance issues and interactions with other models. That's why Malifaux Rats are neither Living nor Undead in Malifaux, despite clearly being living creatures.

On June 24, 2016 at 7:53 AM, Mason said:

While the Pursuit is based on Bete, she's a unique creature and follows her own strange rules.

Also, when it comes to the Malifaux Game, sometimes the rules don't make sense outside of the game proper because of balance issues and interactions with other models. That's why Malifaux Rats are neither Living nor Undead in Malifaux, despite clearly being living creatures.

I suppose a revenant could use a few manifested powers to be more like her. She is my favorite model after all(painted her as soon as she came out in plastic when i first started minis and wanna get a few more now that im more skilled) 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
6 hours ago, Steamtastic Vagabond said:

Though in Under Quarantine: the Necrotic Machine is a Spirit Construct: is this an error, or planned. Due to how the beastiary is written, it's hard to know what exactly the creatures are, and why they are what they are.

Intentional.

It's a machine that is also a spirit. There's probably some sort of possession or trapped spirit thing going on, on account of it being Old Malifaux technology.

Note that Mediums gain Spirit right away, which means that most mediums will be Living and Spirits.

16 hours ago, BlinD RoniN said:

Is there anything gained with the Spirit Characteristic in TtB?

Not inherently, no.

It's essentially a characteristic that represents some degree of interaction with the spirit world, so you'll see it on ghosts, mediums, and possessed stuff.