Noob Casters

Gandalfeeny

All the Gremlin Masters are somewhat tricky with Mah, Ophelia, and Wong probably being a bit more straightforward. So Mah is a fine choice. She is versatile and can support your crew as well as wreck face.

To add to her crew box, I would suggest Slop Haulers as the first purchase. They are amazing support pieces and don't require much in the way of cards which is something of a weakness in Mah's starter box. Another excellent addition would be Burt Jebsen who is a complete terror in both melee and at range. Finally, Rooster Riders, though a bit unpredictable, are insanely destructive and work really well with Mah.

As an added bonus, all those models work really well with all Gremlin Masters with the possible exception of Ulix (who is more into Pigs).

If you want to buy some - general use - stuff, I strongly recommend the Ophelia box.

Ohpelia is very strong / straightforward master, but the most important pieces are the team members of its box. You might use them (Rami, Raphael, Francois) in almost any crew.

The Wong box is a little bit less usable in my opinion.

Rooster riders are just - too strong - to do schemes and capable of massive destruction with the fatty mah.

14 hours ago, Omenbringer said:

You would still likely want another box of Bayou Gremlin's if playing Som'er.

Alternatively if you get the Ophelia bix, young LaCroix are great Bay Gremlins too, and that way you don't have the same models twice. I've found 6-7 grremlins to be the most I have on the table at once as they die very quickly.

I would be a bit uncomfortable suggesting that, as the Young Lacroixs (especially if not converted) are their own defined model and are very different looking than Bayou Gremlin's. In casual games that might work but in a tournament setting it could be a potential sticking point.

I agree that 6-7 is the sweet spot for Bayou Gremlin's but it is possible to need more if the situation is right.