change of date for the titan games tournament

fallenspirit87

Titan games Lichfield uk is hosting a 50 SS Gaining Ground 2016 fixed master 3 round tournament

new date of 3rd july 2016 as more players are able to attend on this weekend instead of the 25th june 2016

tickets available from titangamesuk.co.uk at £10 each

24 spaces available

offical prize pack included in the prize pool as well as a few other bits and pieces  

plenty of local parking and a premier inn within walking distance for anyone who might be travelling.

any questions or queries please ask

hope to see you all soon

gaining grounds 2016 pack is available from the ticket page on titan games. ( link below) strategy's are listed in here for first 3 rounds, schemes will be predetermined and placed in envelopes for each player to open at the beginning of each round. painted crews are prefered but not strictly enforced.

we are also on facebook if you search titan games malifaux group.

time table will be

11.15-13.15 round 1

13.15 -13.45 lunch

13.45-15.45 round 2

15.45-17.45 round 3

17.45 final standings announcents and prizes dished up.

hope to see you there

http://www.titangamesuk.co.uk/ourshop/prod_4936941-Malifaux-Tournament.html

10 hours ago, Psientologist said:

I've paid up as I believe also have a couple of others I'll be coming with. Looking forward to it!

Though, I do have a restraining order on Paul (Tapdancer) so if you could make sure he doesn't speak to me that'd be good ;)

Somebody needs a cuddle...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, PanzerHarris said:

Are you absolutely sure we have to play Reckoning? It's a bit... well... Rubbish. :P 

Collect the Bounty or Headhunter are way more fun! And I'm always happy to bribe the TO with a drink or two...

Reckoning, not fun?

It will be fine Ben, just play a bit more agressively, it's only 2 models a turn and it is flank deployment ;)

Enjoyed the tournament yesterday, while I remember I thought I'd put a little "review" here. 

Shop is lovely, was very nice to visit. Staff are great, locals all seem like lovely people too and all of this resulted in a fun, chilled atmosphere.

For a FLGS it was actually quite big and although upstairs was a little cramped it wasn't uncomfortably so, I'm a big ole' fatty and I was fine for most of it though getting to tables did need some planning. However this is the case for a large amount of events in shops I've been to and it was no where near the worst.

Heat although usually kind of nice having the sun out did make it a little worse, I'm not sure what I would suggest. Fans + Cards does not = a good idea. Maybe just have the window sill cleared for extra breeze. Water bottles would be great too.

A lot of the terrain was great and I already know the staff were away (and apologetic) about some of the "modern" boards. I played on a 40k table round one and with reasonable decisions about height it wasn't too bad. An easy fix though if needing to budget is just getting more "small scatter" and moving a few big clunky buildings away.
I appreciate that by the next time I'm at an event in Titan Games they'll probably just straight up have more nice tables but, no problems without answers (or something).
The only other thing terrain wise is I'd like to see more "dense" stuff likes trees etc. although maybe it's just a coincidence I didn't play with any.

Round times were a little off, I believe Marcus said about getting a clock and although that still never fully solves the issue (especially when are heads are all down and in the zone) it can help.

Fixed Master was cool for me, I prefer "vanilla" Malifaux as such but I do enjoy the change every so often. I like the envelope system in essence but I will say personally I think it just takes a little bit of time away unnecessarily and I can imagine it being too much to sort quickly for some. The opposite issue there is the crew selection part eats too much into the round. 
It might just be my laziness and messiness combined but I'd prefer a little more grid-like score sheet. I (and many others) have a decent one I can send over to use/edit for the future so just ask.
And although I'm not too fussed by the envelope system I did like the way the strats and schemes were laid out for everyone to see.
I have cards for my schemes but not everyone does and the reference is very good, perfect for people's first few events and still good to check even for tourney regulars.

Hope this didn't seem like a rant, just little pointers here and there to improve what was a really fun and really well run event.

Oh lastly... Tin cups (or whatever) for trophies, I was sad not to see that even I wouldn't have got one anyway. Again budget etc, I understand.

• Like 1

thanks for the feedback, it is always appreciated. alot of the points you have made are already in my diary for the next one im planning ( hopefully early october).

layout of tables is something im looking at for october, cutting the upstairs tables to 6, and putting two in the back room so that there is more space to move around and more airways aswel. More small scatter is already on my paint station, with more ordered, and more buildings from TT combat are on the way too. i looked at trophies but simply ran out of time, it is something that going forward will be available in the prize pool.

id be very interested in the score sheet you have, i did attempt one on excel but my knowledge of excel is limited, the guys at titan had one for the 2nd and 3rd round scores which was already an improvement to mine, so any material on this would be very welcome.

very glad to hear you had a good time though and hope to see you at the next one!

• Like 3