Raspy tournament advice

winterblade27

I would say that she is very solid though I find that ice dancers and silent ones to be very critical to playing her.  The silent ones provide additonal attack vectors as well as healing while the ice dancers make scoring scheme marker based schemes much easier.

If the pool requires markers (most gg17 schemes do in some form or other) then Ice Dancers are absolutely essential.  IMO Mech Rider isn't essential but the way I play Snow Storm definitely is. So once you drop 11SS on him, its all about acolytes, dancers and silent ones to be mirrors for Raspy. 

I also find that the arcane Emmisary can be an amazing choice for Rasputina.  The ability to have a resilient mirror that cannot be locked up by engaging it is something not to be overlooked.  It can also open up an interesting situation where you can actually use Rasputina's 0 action on targets engaged with the Emmisary.

Meh if I have to choose a big model I almost always go snow storm. Emmisary just never gets anything done and almost always dies faster than I need him to. I suppose you could run both but that's nearly half your points tied into 2 models and Raspy is point heavy herself with expensive upgrades

I have won multiple events with the following list:

Rasputina- shattered heart, cold nights

Wendego

Snowstorm

Arcane Emmisary- elemental conflux

Silent one

Silent one

Ice Dancer

Ice gamin

If you prefer you can change out shattered heart for armor of december and grab another upgrade (December's pawn, Sub-Zero, child of December, and/or arcane reservoir)

26 minutes ago, Rogue1 said:

I have won multiple events with the following list:

Rasputina- shattered heart, cold nights

Wendego

Snowstorm

Arcane Emmisary- elemental conflux

Silent one

Silent one

Ice Dancer

Ice gamin

If you prefer you can change out shattered heart for armor of december and grab another upgrade (December's pawn, Sub-Zero, child of December, and/or arcane reservoir)

How many SS does that leave you with?

I run

Raspy - shattered heart, cold nights

Wendigo

Snowstorm

Mechrider - to summon ice gamin

2 December acolytes (I like them better than ice dancers.  They can start in position to drop schemes or as solid mirror points.  Plus the amount of control they bring.  Once of arcanists best models imo).

arcane effigy - scheme, improve raspy dmg, remove conditions

Leaves her with 3 stones.  It's a low model crew but it can put out a bunch of damage and control

1 hour ago, crimzzen said:

I run

2 December acolytes (I like them better than ice dancers.  They can start in position to drop schemes or as solid mirror points.  Plus the amount of control they bring.  Once of arcanists best models imo).

For clarification's sake, I want to point out that Acolytes cannot drop scheme markers turn 1.

Personally,  I'm curious to try some more oddball crews with Tina.  Maybe use Howard, since he really needs to be Armor 3. Maybe use Carlos Vasquez, because who doesn't like more pillars for control?

On 1/3/2017 at 10:08 PM, Rogue1 said:

I also find that the arcane Emmisary can be an amazing choice for Rasputina.  The ability to have a resilient mirror that cannot be locked up by engaging it is something not to be overlooked.  It can also open up an interesting situation where you can actually use Rasputina's 0 action on targets engaged with the Emmisary.

I have been running the Emissary with pretty much every Arcanist master recently, and I am really enjoying him! While he doesn't bring the tricks snow storm does, he is pretty tough, I think I have used him more than Snow-Storm recently!

Having played with the Guild emissary, I definitely think we got a better deal than them :L... Also the model is way cool!

Also your list sounds fun! I will give that a go next time I play 'Tina... Although I am back burning her for a while as I want to play more Sandeep :o

22 hours ago, MetaphoricDragn said:

For clarification's sake, I want to point out that Acolytes cannot drop scheme markers turn 1.

Personally,  I'm curious to try some more oddball crews with Tina.  Maybe use Howard, since he really needs to be Armor 3. Maybe use Carlos Vasquez, because who doesn't like more pillars for control?

Yep, but they can still be deployed in a position to harass turn 1 and scheme turn 2. 

On 1/4/2017 at 11:06 PM, MetaphoricDragn said:

Carlos, Tina and Wendigo could make a mess of the board with all those pillars haha! Might have to give that a go!

• Like 1