Fluff question (Under Quarantine spoilers)

Druso

Hi!

Reading through the Exorcist Advanced Pursuit I found something interesting about Earth situation. " These first Exorcist were recruited, trained, and fundend like missionaries in the grand cathedrals and temples of Earth to battle the undead hordes that were ravaging Spain" There is no more about that thing, only that the wars agains the undead were over. 

As spanish player Im very interested in that. Can you please talk about about that stuff? Oh, and thank you very much for point or country in the map.

When did they the battles agains the undead in Spain take time? I mean, Necromancy was only a myth before the open of the First Breach so I asume that is after that but I don´t know if is in this period of time or after the open of the Second Breach. Im (and my players too) really interested about that.

(*) From now on, my Exorcists on Lady Justice and McMourning crews will have spanish names. I also nice to think that spaniards are a bit experienced in fighting the undead!

50 minutes ago, Druso said:

Hi!

Reading through the Exorcist Advanced Pursuit I found something interesting about Earth situation. " These first Exorcist were recruited, trained, and fundend like missionaries in the grand cathedrals and temples of Earth to battle the undead hordes that were ravaging Spain" There is no more about that thing, only that the wars agains the undead were over. 

As spanish player Im very interested in that. Can you please talk about about that stuff? Oh, and thank you very much for point or country in the map.

When did they the battles agains the undead in Spain take time? I mean, Necromancy was only a myth before the open of the First Breach so I asume that is after that but I don´t know if is in this period of time or after the open of the Second Breach. Im (and my players too) really interested about that.

(*) From now on, my Exorcists on Lady Justice and McMourning crews will have spanish names. I also nice to think that spaniards are a bit experienced in fighting the undead!

The fatemaster who runs our game is convinced it's a nudge at the upcoming 'The Other Side' thing Wyrd have going on. (I mean it certainly makes you wonder about the supernatural that goes on Earthside). 

• Like 2

@Druso

Necromancy was only a myth before the open of the First Breach

No, it wasn't. It was not as wide-spread as in Malifaux but on the Earthside there were some necromantic traditions (f.e. Yan Lo and his ancestors or necromantic hordes in Spain, as you mention).

• Like 1

The thing is that the undead ravaging Spain is something that is over right now so I don´t think that this is stuff from "The Other Side" but I don´t mind if Im wrong, I just want an answer to that mistery. Anyone have a high card to summon a wyrd-man? I put a 13:mask it that is enough!

Still, they'll have to explain why Earth looks like it does. From the art work there's armies involved, that means they'll have to expand a bit on the Powder Wars to explain why Earths armies look like they do, why the borders are where they are.

If The Other Side goes big, we might even see a RPG...

Possibly a reference to Grigori Rasputin, though Malifaux's timeline is a little bit ahead of when he would have met Tzar Nicholas II and his family. Could see the earlier tie-in for Rasputin working due to the prevalence of magic in the world of Malifaux.

• Like 2

Another funny thing related to Spain is that in "The Real World" New Mexico was under his rule in 1787 (the opening of the first Breach). I know that there a lot of things changed (magic and asiatic country called Three Kingdoms are one of thoose) but it´s still a funny thing.

About the Undead ravaging Spain...it might be a glimpse of The Other Side or not, maybe is just a line in the fluff and we´ll never read more about it.