Advice: How to assemble Death Marshals on theirs coffin

TeddyBear

Hi guys,

I am a beginner in world of miniatures, painting and in Malifaux;

I'm writing you for ask how can i assemble coffins on death marshals, i make a lot of effort because the points are really very small...

How did you do with yours d.m?

I hope you understand what i write..

Many Thanks

Andrea

I'm not sure whether you're talking about the old metal death marshal models or the plastic models, but here's one important suggestion: 

It's entirely okay to just put the death marshal model on the base (or on top of some more convenient scenery) and use the coffins for something else.

Thanks Solkan!

I know my english is terrible..makes me incomprehensible.. i'm sorry

I'm talking about Death Marshals from M2E

Very difficult for me to assemble them with their coffins... in this point

their weight makes them detach, in fact the Death marshal n.1 detaching with glue on, warped coffin's insert :(

I have also seen that in death marshal 3 head seems incomplete compared to the figure on the box.

I don't know why..
But in the sprue there were all pieces ..

1437594619871.jpg

13 minutes ago, TeddyBear said:

Thanks Solkan!

I know my english is terrible..makes me incomprehensible..

I'm talking about Death Marshals from M2E

Very difficult for me to assemble them with their coffins... in this point

their weight makes, them detach, in fact the Death marshal n.1 detaching with glue on, warped coffin's insert :(

When I assembled the plastic Death Marshal 1 and Death Marshal 2, I just used some clay so that the model would stay in the right position while the glue set.  And then just let the glue set for several minutes.

I used the non-hardening sort of clay that you find in craft or hobby stores because I had it on hand, but the foam that Wyrd puts in the boxes would probably have worked as well with a bit of cutting and tearing to get the right size pieces.

I've had more problems caused by Death Marshal 2's gun getting bent by accident than I have with the arm or leg attachment warping.

3 minutes ago, Gnomezilla said:

What kind of glue are you using? Everyone told me to use plastic cement glue and not superglue glue.

And hello! This is my first miniatures game too.

Hi!! Thanks

I have used platic glue thin from citadel.

4 minutes ago, solkan said:

When I assembled the plastic Death Marshal 1 and Death Marshal 2, I just used some clay so that the model would stay in the right position while the glue set.  And then just let the glue set for several minutes.

I used the non-hardening sort of clay that you find in craft or hobby stores because I had it on hand, but the foam that Wyrd puts in the boxes would probably have worked as well with a bit of cutting and tearing to get the right size pieces.

Thanks! Maybe i should have a little bit of clay..

That's a great idea .. maybe i could build a support structure.

and if i put a little bit of green stuff in d.m. 1&2?

instead for the death marshal n.3 better to place the coffin on his right arm?? the chains on his back and on the coffin makes gluing difficult..

Model Master, Testor, and probably several other companies produce a gel plastic glue which comes in a container like this:

testors-plastic-glue-open1.jpg?resize=41

If you're having problems getting two surfaces to glue together, it'll be easier if you use a gel glue than a thin glue, and it'll be easier to apply a gel glue using one of the metal tip applicator bottles.

The gel will probably take longer to set, so you'll want to brace the pieces using a support.

I haven't used green stuff to fill gaps on plastic models.  I think I'd consider shaving plastic off of the sprue runners and glueing the shavings in place for that instead.

17 hours ago, solkan said:

I haven't used green stuff to fill gaps on plastic models.  I think I'd consider shaving plastic off of the sprue runners and glueing the shavings in place for that instead.

Sounds messy. Greenstuff works fine for filling gaps, you probably want to make sure your glue is fully set before messing around with it though. 

50 minutes ago, lusciousmccabe said:

Sounds messy. Greenstuff works fine for filling gaps, you probably want to make sure your glue is fully set before messing around with it though. 

And I'd say using a non-plastic filler on plastic models is equally messy.  The stuff I've heard really good things about is 'Perfect Plastic Putty'.

Otherwise, I'd rather use plastic and plastic solvent to fill gaps in a plastic model. 

• Like 1