Distances in Through the Breach

yool1981

Maybe I did not search well but I have not found any indication as to the distances and travel time between the main spots within Malifaux City and outside of it (northern hills, bayoux, badlands, mountains...).

When I read the fluff, it gives the impression that distances are not so vast but checking at the maps makes me wonder what the distances really are.

• 1 month later...

Well Malifaux City is 36 miles long by 25 miles across with a mile and a half wide river running through the middle of it. So assuming the world map of Malifaux is to scale you can kind of use the shaded section of the city to guestimate the distances between places--basically the silhouette of the city beneath the caption is about a half inch long, which if we assume is about 30 miles, then on the 8.5x11 printout I have of the worldmap you're looking at just over 600 miles by almost 450 miles? That means barring bad terrain or getting ete by monsters you could probably walk from Malifaux to any edge of the known map in 15 days or so.

I did some quick research and that'd mean the square milage of Malifaux's known map is roughly the size of Texas (actually pretty darn close, down to percentage points). So plenty big but not unnavigable--especially with train lines set up.

All of this is just spitballing though. I wouldn't be suprised if a bunch of my calculations are way off.

Malifaux-World Map.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

They hint at didtances in different books. In "In defence if Innocence" they say that Innocence is 10 days hard riding from Malifaux or little over 2 weeks by foot or cart. If you look up data on horse back riding and travel distances 50 miles (8 metric miles) seems like the most you can travel with a horse if you press it. That would make the distance between malifaux and Innocence about 80 metric miles. So everything on the map can be reached within a few weeks travel.