drowned undertow question

shahryar

It works best with a model or two that can lure. It will consume a large chunk of your crew so an summoning will have to work overtime to make up for this. Adtionally anything that moves your models can ruin your plans. I faced something similar to this and Taelor got lured in put them she hit one and knocked it back and then did the same to the other. Next turn i then charged in an killed one. So it is more of a situational trick that can be effective but shouldn't relied upon

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think the Drowned are going to play very differently with Jaakuna (who I haven't used) and Ama No Zako.  Ama is more durable (as she should be) and I recently saw how dangerous she can be when she charges into someone and then drops her 0 action hazardous terrain.  Having some Drowned nearby to make it even more miserable and to punish anyone who tries to help the charge victim survive Ama is actually pretty nice.

But in answer to the original question, no, I would not think Drowned generally worth it (compared to other minions) if there's no hazardous terrain and no way to generate hazardous terrain.  Only exception is if you're facing a Melee heavy crew combo'ed with a some marker-heavy schemes and even then I think there're probably better minions.

I would say that if you think there will be a lot of Ml, then they are worth it. They have an almost un-ignorable armor 2 against ml models (since its not actually armor almost nothing ignores it) and a decent threat of putting out paralyse.