Schoko´s painting diary

Schoko

Welcome to the Wyrdos club! ;)

Very nice and neat painting, very good nmm)

Nikolaj, huh? Where are you from, if not a secret?)

P.S. l recommend ultra matte varnish from "AK Interactive", it's totaly amzing, the best matte varnish I've ever use!

• Like 1

Hi you,

thanks a lot for your kind comments.

I am German and living in Bremen/Germany ... (no Russian or Polish speaker ;) )

Since varnishing seems to be a crucial part of miniature painting I´ll definitely give it a try if I can find it here and I am thankful for any tip about it... With only using matt (vallejo) on Gracie it seems to look a lot better (but I have the feeling the colors were even there more vibrant before varnishing)

• Like 1

Just now, Schoko said:

I am German and living in Bremen/Germany ... (no Russian or Polish speaker ;) )

So saaad(( I was hoping to play with you and your nice guys))
Vallejo matte varnish is far not good as good the AK (necessarily ULTRA matte), Vallejo can change colors and doing some muddy white if there thick layer)

Vallejo matte varnish is far not good as good the AK (necessarily ULTRA matte), Vallejo can change colors and doing some muddy white if there thick layer)

Thanks for the tip! After a little bit of researching I think I will definitely give it a try.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks a lot man. Yeah I want my Minis to look a bit subdued - especially the skin. 

Sidenote: I did the skin of somer a lot brighter then I usually did, since my other gremlins seem to need daylight or a daylight-lamp to look good and I want my minis to be noticeable on the gaming table too :).

Sure. I always use these colors for the skin:

IMG_0001.jpg

- the olive-green is my base color
- then I use the shown "drakenhof nightshade"
- after that I start mixing up freely the colors from dark to bright ... so I have no real recipe for that, but I can say that I never use 70891 or 70914 unmixed.
- for somer I used much less of 70891 and almost mixed 79894 and 70914 directly
- for the brightest highlights I mix off-white in

After that, but that is a general thing for every type of skin, I add a very thin red glaze to the knees, elbows, noses, etc.
(It´s a nice complementary contrast with the green and easy to do, so I absolutely recommend to do that.)
You can use any kind of red for that ... at least that´s what I do. If I have some red on my palette I use it for that.

Hope that helps. :)

• Like 3