Colette Gunline

Mxbedlam

So I'm thinking of trying out a list that runs 3 Oxfordian Mages, 2 Gunsmiths, Cassandra, and Colette with Cabaret Coreography. The idea is first turn set up everyone by moving once and dropping a scheme marker. Let your opponent move forward, then on turn 2 each mage does his furious casting and sets everything on fire so the gun mages can explode on them and Cassandra can Understudy the Elemental Bolts. Then Colette uses All Together Now (Remember those first turn scheme markers?) and everyone gets to shoot all over again along with at least one prompt from Colette.  That's a full total of 22 attacks (4 from each mage, 3 from Gunsmiths and Cassandra, and 1 more from Prompt).

Caveat: No one is going to let you get away with this twice, and a shrewd opponent will see it coming. However its impossible to hide from ALL the bolts that are flying around, and after that trick Colette can still move people around to make sure everyone is in the right place. If you do hit all of or most of your attacks most things won't be standing, leaving your carte blanche to scheme as you will.

• Like 2

A shrewd opponent will see that coming a mile off. If they know what they're doing, just rush a beat stick in. Any crew with movement tricks will be able to mitigate that list, and it's an absurdly squishy list with no real tricks. The mages are extremely easy to knock down (gun smiths are a little more tricky though).

The other thing is that if you play on a board where this works, it's way too open. Remember Colette's scheme marker ability is an Aura. Not to mention that you'd need to get every model in a position where it can see an enemy. All they need to do is get into cover or hide and most of your list does nothing right up until the moment it gets shredded in close combat.

Furthermore, if you play on a table that open you better hope you don't ever play a Lucius gun line because Colette's piddly little crew of amateur shooters has nothing on that.

Also, imagine you're playing Rezers - they'll have the easiest time in the world clogging your line up with summoned stuff and then march off doing their schemes.

If you really want to,do this I believe silent ones are better than the mages.  Silent ones do not have the projectile symbol on their attack so it does not have to worry about cover.  Plus with a tome their attack can trigger another attack.  Also for 4ss you can add an ice gamin to buff them to do plus 1 damage.

• 2 weeks later...
On Wednesday, March 30, 2016 at 4:17 PM, Fog said:

I think I would probably open with All Together Now to maximize the surprise factor of it all. Afterwards you'd still have full activations on every model to properly capitalize on your gains.  

Not possible.. you need to discard a scheme marker within 1" per model to make this happen. Colette goes last for this reason.

• Like 1

Is was going to say I think silent ones and acolytes work better for this than Oxfordian mages, and gunsmiths.  The issue you have is furious casting to some extent.  It is good, but likely you will kill some things that you shoot at so, there will be no burning to use with the gunsiths.

5 hours ago, fanteegi said:

Not possible.. you need to discard a scheme marker within 1" per model to make this happen. Colette goes last for this reason.

I was thinking "Position to open up turn two with it" but I definitely didn't get that across.