Obsidian Oni proxies

OneLittleThunder

I'm looking for the right figures to use as proxies for an Obsidian Oni or two, but I still haven't found anything that's just right.

These Dark Age figures are about the best fit I've found so far; they look sort of rocky/crystalline, and have clubs, so that's reasonably close.

The CP Stone Trolls at the top of this page would also work reasonably well, as would the Bakemono that's third on this page.

Anyone got any good suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

I thought you guys were crazy for recommending all these Bushido minis as proxies for the oni. "All the Bushido guys are so big!" I thought. "All on 40mm bases!" So, just color me shocked when, about a year after the Shifting Loyalties beta opened up, I finally read the dang card and found out how big a base the Obsidian Oni happens to come on.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tomjoad said:

I thought you guys were crazy for recommending all these Bushido minis as proxies for the oni. "All the Bushido guys are so big!" I thought. "All on 40mm bases!" So, just color me shocked when, about a year after the Shifting Loyalties beta opened up, I finally read the dang card and found out how big a base the Obsidian Oni happens to come on.

That would have been a good thing for me to have done before I based mine.

Sigh...excuse me...I need to go fix some things.

• Like 2