the scion of blackblood

izikial

hi, I'm worried this guy is a trap, my 2 nb masters of choice are Lucius and Jacob who on the face of it both love this guy.

Jacob is happy to discard 2 aces to never suffer a condition

Lucius could replace lawyers with this guy to remove paralysis, and likes the extra interact

but he is 8 stones with meh defence and his combat potential is Great but base line is ok

is he seeing much play? And am I of about Lucius and Jacob liking him?

OK, so I have used him in a few games, he is meh at best. Sure he opens NB up to some condition removal but Johan (Johanna) do it so much better. With Lynch sure you can discard two aces and pick them back up. But with that you have to first get two aces. Now with Lucius, I personally haven't started playing with him, but looking at his synergies, I am not sure why you would want to replace a lawyer with him.

I am not a fan of the Scion. For his points he is just too much. He has a place in Neverborn we just haven't found it yet.

I like the scion but if your taking him because of condition removal then I might go with another model. The main thing about his condition removal is it is not an action and happens at the start of a activation so you can remove slow or paralyses before they take effect so it is a good way not to loose actions on people.

He is a good tool box and I have had cases where he does great and others where he does to little. I love his zero action the fact he can do some minor healing. As a whole I feel that he and Graves serve there roll as decent fighters and with neat tricks at 8 ss well.

My full thought on the starter box is here, and very little has changed:

http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/110203-models-from-the-starter-box-thoughts/