Nephilim with Zoraida?

Mr.Cat

Hi there!

I was thinking how would Zoraida perform with a crew based on some terror tots, barbaros and some other nephilim models, maybe combined with some swampfiend models? Has anyone thought about it? Could the crew aspire to accompish the objectives or would be too killy?

PS: I've been thinking on running her with Jacob Lynch's crew: illuminated, beckoners and something more.

Thanks for your time ;) 

I personally see better options than the Nephilim for most masters, including Lillith. Tots are great, but the young and mature are in my opinion sub-par compared to other options out there. The illuminated and beckoners are both great options and are well worth using for Zoraida.

And Barbaros? I see him like a nice beater for Zoraida :o !

Barbaros is not a beater, really (especially by Neverborn standards :P) He seems to be more of a good Bodyguard/Growth holder/control (yes, control with all his pushes) piece to me. However, everything with Tots and Nekima and/or Mr. Graves qualifies as a Growth list to me - have done it well so far with Lucius (amazing!) and Lynch (yay!) so far. You could try it and see how it works out, after all games are about having fun (and in this case, experimenting :)).
 Illuminated and Beckoners on the other hand would work quite well with old Lady Z, I imagine :P

I agree, Barbaros is not a beater. Jis damage spread just doesn't cut it. He does have lots of other uses though and is fairly difficult to kill. Look at Teddy or Nekima if you want to see what a beater looks like.

Illuminated and beckoners work well together and can take down some serious targets if you can give them brilliance. This is made easier with Zoraida giving you extra AP to ensure you finish them off. Additionally illuminated and possibly the best minion that NB have access to.

I am really not seeing the synergies with these ideas. Sure tots are one of the best scheme runners in the game but can you eloborate on how Nephilim and Zoraida together would have great synergies?

Zoraida does not really need synergy to work except for a few upgrades. If your not taking Bad Juju or a Hexed Among You then she could not care less about what is in her crew. As for the nephilim it all comes down to if you want to grow then give it to Nekima or Barbaros and if not then take young for combat and tots or bloodwreches for runners. Synergy is nice and all but there is something to be said about the usefulness of crew independent masters like Zoraida.

Simply, Zoraida is supporting master, but her style is very aggressive. She can make your opponents weaker by Obey / Hem / Bewitch, but she doesn't give any synergy to your models except AP Transfers(Obey / Hem). So Zoraida usually takes self-sufficient models (and some heavy hitters). But you must think that some nephilims may not count as "good self-sufficient models" in neverborn. 

So Zoraida can run barely any model and still be useful for the crew?

Not sure about that, but she is not really restricted by what she "wants" to field because she really does not have a want.

Simply, Zoraida is supporting master, but her style is very aggressive. She can make your opponents weaker by Obey / Hem / Bewitch, but she doesn't give any synergy to your models except AP Transfers(Obey / Hem). So Zoraida usually takes self-sufficient models (and some heavy hitters). But you must think that some nephilims may not count as "good self-sufficient models" in neverborn. 

Terror tots, if you want the to do anything but scheme run then they really need help. Also it comes down to how you want to use them in play, I have seen a really good Zoraida grow list as well as one that used a flock of young with Zoriada obeying them to cause 1 attack and some times triggering a second or third. Lelu wants the most support from luring and what not but I think Zoriada moving someone with obey will also trigger Lelu's pounce, I do not have my cards on me. 

Terror tots, if you want the to do anything but scheme run then they really need help. Also it comes down to how you want to use them in play, I have seen a really good Zoraida grow list as well as one that used a flock of young with Zoriada obeying them to cause 1 attack and some times triggering a second or third. Lelu wants the most support from luring and what not but I think Zoriada moving someone with obey will also trigger Lelu's pounce, I do not have my cards on me. 

Pounce is trigger by push and Move that is not part of a walk or charge action, so walk action by obey can't trigger pounce. 

There's are a few things going for the Nephilim along with Zoraida. Many of the Nephilims have push mechanics which can trigger pounces from the tots (or Lelu as stated above). Youngs, Barbaros and Matures can all push models around, as well as the lilitu. That extra action from Obey will make pin-ball gameplay much easier on the 2AP models. Also, a Mature Nephilim's attack action is just amazing for an obey action...and if you have the cards it can trigger "Charge Through" to start a wild sequence.

Bottom line is that Zoraida is a force multiplier, and i do believe that it can work for Nephilim. Tots can achieve schemes as usual, and in battle you have help from extra actions that can trap and pull models out of position. Pounce is essentially a free action, so if a Young attacks for free (with auto-push trigger), followed by a tot or a Lelu who does the same, that's a pretty efficient Obey in my book.