Ideas wanted for male Misaki figure

Masquer

I'd like to do a male version of Misaki for my Last Blossom crew (as a counterpoint to my wife's regular Misaki).  Any ideas?

And while I'm at it, I'm also looking to do an alternate Shang, something along the lines of a smoke/flame spider.  

Any help is much appreciated.  Bonus points for Wyrd based conversions. 

• Like 2

I've been wondering the same thing myself lately. I have been very much into conversions lately and I have an image of the male Misaki version in my head, but absolutely no fitting parts come to mind... The most obvious choice would be to buy the Male Multi-part Kit, though - I read it has quite some diversity in terms of options.
 For Misaki three or four things are key identifiers for me: The Bisento; the Lightning (Thunder); rogue-like appearance - but not necessarily "ninja" :P; finally, but not as important if you don't want to stick to the theme - Last Blossom traits. The first can be addressed by converting Misaki's own Bisento or Yamaziko's Yari. The second can be expressed through attaching lightning streaks to, say, the blade, or maybe the feet (lightning dance... sorry Yan Lo B)). For this I intend to buy the Electrical creation, or to take the electricity from one of the Guilty models (the one being electrocuted). The rogue feel should come from the model itself and the stance it has - the more dynamic, the better. Finally, the image I have in mind has a pink flower robe similar to Kyoraku Shinsui (google Bleach, Gotei 13 Captains, this was great shiz when I was in highschool); I would buy another box of Oiran just to convert the robe of one of them, because I'm that much OCD. Well, that's just me though. Hope I could help :)

• Like 1

Oh, and as for Shang being a flaming Spider, find a Ramos player and take the Brass Arachnid or a Steam Arachnid. Add some greenstuff to make it bulkier and more biological-looking. Cut off Shang's tail into pieces and plant them atop of the spider legs so as to signify they are emitting fire and smoke. The rest will have to be taken care of when painting ;)

• Like 1

I saw a Misaki conversion a while back where they had kit bashed her with a Torakage...

that was me! Yey people remember it! I feel special. I'll edit this to post a pic when I'm at my computer. 

I did use the female Torakage and Misaki's head though,so it is still distinctly female, but it might give you some ideas. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...