Veterans In Need GG 2015 Tournament @ Table Top Games

mjungledog

My friends,

On November 21, 2015 I will hold a 50 ss Gaining Grounds Tournament at Table Top Games, 46 North Main Street, Fall River MA 02720 (508) 567-1620 to benefit the Veterans In Need Program of the RI Veterans Association.  My Grandson Keith will be making the donation.

Here is a link to the Facebook event:

https://www.facebook.com/events/446616992203060/

Here is the text from the event description:

As the holiday season approaches, along with the frigid weather, I can't help but think about the less fortunate and the homeless... Among those in need are our Veterans who've so bravely put there lives on the line for our freedom. I can not fathom what it must be like to be such a respected person, but overlooked at the same time.

With that being said, I've done some research and was able to find a "needs list" from our local VA hospital. I will be donating this season, and I invite you all to make a donation with me. Community service is so important and making a difference in someone's life is truly the best gift you can possibly give. I am willing to pick up donations, as well as deliver them. The link of the needs list can be found below! Thank you in advance!

Sonni & Keith Jr!
- On a mission to make a difference!

Entry to this tournament will be a donation from the following list:

Patient Clothing 

1.  Pants/Jeans Men’s Waist Size: 30, 32, 34, 36 average length / Women’s Size: Sm, Med, Lg 2.  Shirts  Casual - Men’s Size:  M, L, XL, 2X / Women’s Size: Sm, Med, Large 3.  T-Shirts  Men’s M, L, XL and up 4.  Workboots  Men’s Size:  8 ½ - 13 / Women’s Size: 7 – 9  Sneakers 5.  Jackets Size:  Men’s L, XL, 2x and up / Women’s Sm, Med, Large – IN SEASON ONLY 7.  Underwear  Men’s size M, L, XL, 2X and up / Women’s Sm, Med, Large 8.  Sweat shirts and pants – Unisex - All Sizes 
** AT THIS TIME WE ARE ONLY ACCEPTING NEW CLOTHING** 

Patient Comfort Items Individual size Emery Boards  Nail Clippers   Razors  Denture Adhesive Rain Ponchos  Reading Glasses – 2.00+ 

Other Items needed
Back Packs/Duffle Bags & Sleeping Bags for the Homeless Program

Magazines – current editions 
Healthy “Grab ‘N Go” food items for Homeless Clinic, such as instant oatmeal; crackers; dried fruit; nuts; trail mix, etc. 
Tickets for local sporting/entertainment events - Providence Bruins; PC Basketball; PAWSOX; Duck Boat Rides; Plays, etc... 
Monetary Gift Cards Stop & Shop  Walmart       Dunkin Donuts  McDonalds     Burger King Gas Cards  RIPTIX Bus Tickets  Subway 

In addition I will be providing Veterans that play a personal upgrade that will (hopefully) show my appreciation of their service. (Vets, please bring your military ID or dd-214)

Also, players may make a small cash donation ($1) to add a :+fate to any DUEL they are about to undertake.

My wife will be making food as long as there are enough pre-registers.  All proceeds will go to the charity.

As the father of two veterans, and the son of another, this is very important charity to me.

Please consider attending so my grandson can help those who served us

• Like 4

Results:

1st Place- James G.

2nd Place- James H.

3rd Place- Steve

Favorite Opponent- Mary

We raised well over $125 for the Veterans In Need Charity event.  Food was provided by my wife and some of her friends, as well as my daughters.  I would like to thank everyone for everything they've done to make this event a success, including but not limited to:

Dawn Almeida, Mary Goulart, Sonni Almeida, Manuel Almeida III, John Chambers, Mary Merhi and the all the players who came.

Sorry I couldn't make it... duty calls... 

must have been killer competition, I see a lot of good players in the mix! 

and Manny, you had the best entry cost yet out of the charity events...   please do it again next year and with some better planning and more like we can wrangle people to all three "give to get" tournaments...    maybe something cool and limited to the people who go to all three?  

anyways, well done!