Best totem for NB Lucius?

BloodBought

Had the topic come up indirectly in the chat today about how lackluster Lucius' native totem is and someone mentioned how the Governor's Proxy usually ends up being better especially because of the heal.  This led someone to question the use of the Malifaux Child with Lucius.  What do you guys think?  Does NB have a better totem to offer Lucius?  Or is the Malifaux Child worth it for the heal and the ability to potentially gain some additional AP with your minions?  Or do you run NB Lucius with no totem?

See that's the problem I was having with the Scribe is that it seems like unless you're bunching up Lucius with at least one or two other mimics then the +1 Def isn't that useful.  Otherwise, he doesn't seem to have any abilities that are that amazing unless you're walking him up to enemy models and slapping them to attempt to apply Red Tape.  What sort of uses do you get out of him?

• Like 1

The scribe is pretty decent.Condition removal on a 5 (built in Mask) and a tight bubble with a Def buff for Mimics... Not too shabby.

Still, if you can bring Primordial Magic, that's a good option as well.

I guess it's a matter of how many mimics you are(n't) bringing.

• Like 1

currently I am running Lucius without a totem.  Scribe doesnt inspire me, and the primoridal magic.....yes its generally good, but he doesnt need the scheme marker as he'll get so many for free - and i'd rather keep a couple of "real" stones in the cache instead.

mind you, my Lucius build is using several shifting loyalties models and may be a bit different to many.

See that's the problem I was having with the Scribe is that it seems like unless you're bunching up Lucius with at least one or two other mimics then the +1 Def isn't that useful.  Otherwise, he doesn't seem to have any abilities that are that amazing unless you're walking him up to enemy models and slapping them to attempt to apply Red Tape.  What sort of uses do you get out of him?

My set-up revolves around buffing my Changelings, and Mr. Graves to some extent (Df 5 Mr. Graves is never a bad thing).  I've been considering Useless Duplications on Lucius (or another model in the mimic buffing zone) to utilize The Scribe's Df aura even more.  I want to try the tactic out with Tannen as well, but I'm having a hard time letting go of my Doppleganger, though you can imagine the mayhem that would occur with Tannen and Graves babysitting the Changelings together.  

• Like 1

currently I am running Lucius without a totem.  Scribe doesnt inspire me, and the primoridal magic.....yes its generally good, but he doesnt need the scheme marker as he'll get so many for free - and i'd rather keep a couple of "real" stones in the cache instead.

mind you, my Lucius build is using several shifting loyalties models and may be a bit different to many.

I just like it for the card draw. Lucius is such a card hog that PM and wings tend to be the first 3 stones I spend in a Lucius NB crew

Any chance to give us more of a peak of what you are doing or are you teasing us again.........