Shifting Loyalty, Mctavish crew thoughts

Cthulhurising

So my local game store is starting a campaign this Thursday. I like fluffy lists because story is always more interesting. Now, Im running a very different list than normal for me, so in the interest of having a thematic, well rounded crew, I figured I'd pick some people's minds. .

Mctavish -mud toss

Sammy Lacroix

Wild boar

Bayou Gator

Bayou Bushwhacker

All 35 points spent. Running a 'Bayou is our home' kinda list. When I can get a master, it's going to run into Mah Tucket.

Now, i love the idea of the bushwhacker but is one bushwhacker better then 2 normal gremlins? Does it even matter the first week?

Im scared without my slop haulers... do i need them? So used to them, though the inability to heal most my crew.... eh.

The gator I've found to be a lovely model, and tied with the pig for my front line fighters. 

Though my pig is back anti scheme markers, with sammy doing most of that heavy lifting, along with some support.

I think between Playin Possum, Hunting screen, lay of the land, and some anti scheme markers, I have a fairly balanced take all comers list. 

Any thoughts?

I have to say mc Tavish is an amazing leader with his mix of obey,  gun, and all around options.

As far a gremlins vs bushwackers, I think bayous win out once you factor in dumb luck and their gun damage spread. I personally would take mecha gremlins over bushwackers if I was choosing more expensive model gremlins. I like their guns damage and they are much more durable. Or I would dump bushwackers and use the various Kin who are much better for 1ss more. The Kin could easily be modeD to look more rugged.

Edited by Doctor Borris

Bushwhacker unfortunately has anti-synergy with Mah so if you're aiming for her, maybe leave the Bushwhacker home. Consider replacing with a Lightning Bug or a Slop Hauler for general utility or with two Bayou Gremlins or Merris for Scheme running. The latter two can also be used to provide McTavish Scheme Markers for his Gator to snack on.

My campaign list was (from memory) McTavish, Francois+Stilts, two Bayou Gremlins, and two Slop Haulers. But you're going in a very different direction so I'm not suggesting that.

I think it definitely works as a theme-y list! I'd echo what has been said about slop haulers not being as necessary. The list has some nice shooting options too. It's a shame you don't have another gremlin with a  gun for the bushwacker to gain shots off of Boost Their Confidence. 

Anti synergy? Really? I mean, I know they're Shooting based, but aside from a few kin and the drunks, they're some of our better in melee aren't they? Aside from pigs. But something to think about.  I just have to keep it at a 6 point model (or switch wild boar into another gator and get a 7 point)

So I do like Merris, not sure how I missed her... but I think switching out a bush whacker for her will work fine. (Bombs Away would really just be her dropping food strategically for mctavish's gator, bwhaha) a little out of theme. But the model is wicked. 

Thank you!

Also, every time ive taken the cute critters upgrade, its been useful, but I'm wondering if mud toss is a better 'all comers' upgrade? Or a different upgrade altogether? 

I'm no expert on playing with gremlins but since you get a discount that encourages you to buy expensive models later in the campaign you might want to switch the bushwhacker for double bayou gremlins. That would also let you take pretty much any marker scheme unannounced and reckless to do it on the last turn while helping with out activating in the first couple of turns if you need to wait out something scary or avoid distract.

Anti synergy? Really? I mean, I know they're Shooting based, but aside from a few kin and the drunks, they're some of our better in melee aren't they?

They are pretty boss in melee but not 6SS boss. I kinda think that Slop Haulers are a lot better if you're looking for cheap melee Gremlins. Both are very squishy in melee but Slops have Bayou Two-card, access to three AP and a killer debuff. But the anti synergy comes from throwing away cards, which is something Mah loves to do as do Bushwhackers.