Getting back into the game, digging Perdita

terminalc

Hi all! As the title says, im getting back into the game after a year or so away. My FLGS finally has a henchman and the community is gearing back up.

I played a handful of games before, not a whole ton. Played my first game back last night, and oh boy! Tried out Perdita for the first time and it was pretty absurd. I've certainly heard how powerful she is, but it verged into unfair territory. Big Perdita fan now :)

what are common list builds with Perdita? What schemes does she like/dislike? Problem matches? I plan on pretty much playing her and Somnia exclusively for awhile

I'm not Dirial, but I'm sure he's replying even now.

Perdita (and the Family generally) are about as powerful as it gets. I ran them a handful of times when I started playing and have had to give myself a strict no-Family policy just to get myself branching out a bit. The thematic build is Perdita's box set, Abuela Ortega, and maybe some Pistoleros and honestly, it's pretty good. A Death Marshal is a great addition to your pool because he can throw Papa in a box which allows you to keep his "Take This" buff up without keeping a time bomb in the middle of your crew. Also, if you have Abuela in the crew then you can benefit from bringing in a big nasty with staying power (like Ryle or the Peacekeeper) that can get married into the family via the "Shotgun Wedding" (0) action. That unlocks quite a few shenanigans.

The only real weaknesses of Family crews are their low model count and low wound count - you will frequently be out-activated in the early turns and if your opponent can hit you your models will go down. Pistoleros have an aura that gives :+fate to defense duels, and they're only 5 stones, so they help cover that particular issue. You may also want to get some dedicated scheme runners in Guild Hounds (when they're released) or a Watcher (currently only available in Hoffman's box). And of course you will want at least one Austringer (two if you don't value your friendships) because they facilitate about half the schemes in the game.

• Like 2

I'll admit to already having read the wiki at least twice :) it's quickly becoming a favorite of mine.

abuela and the Latigo pistoleros still haven't been released in plastic, correct? The jump in quality from the old metals to the plastics is so vast that I refuse to buy any model until it's out in plastic (even though I want a witching handler ever so much)