Where goes Lenny?

Clement

I'm on a binge of running a lot of Somer, and as a result of that I've bowed to common internet wisdom and running Lenny with him.  A part from handing out Rams for the turn where Somer needs to open fire on something though, I'm finding generally he's sort of milling around being unproductive.

With that in mind, how do you run Lenny?  Is he a forward outpost of doom and Dumb Luck?  Somer's Baby-Sitter?  Still in the case?  Share your favorite Lenny tactics.

• Like 1

Good question, actually this is something I've been wondering about.

I find he either lags way behind because he's been using Toss or he gets destroyed easily by something or someone like, say Francicso. Even with :-fate to damage, he's only Defense 4.

Unless you've got something to move him up (Trixi, Truffles), he's damn slow and I'm not sure I like having 21 stones moving up side-by-side via Gracie. I'd love to know what more experienced players do with him.

I'm assuming you mean Som'er lists with lenny. In which case remember that his pseudo armour aura, reduces gremlins drunk and reckless to just 1 dmg instead of 2. So placed in the middle of the summoning engine he can reduce a lot of dmg. 

With skeeters and a pigapult, discarding a tome and lenny's upgrade you can fire 2 piglets at the pigapult for easy ammo. Piglets can also truffles lenny up the board.

• Like 1

Lenny + Old Cranky + Slop Hauler = invincibility bubble.

It does cost 18ss, but it's very difficult to kill any one model. The key there is to keep Old Cranky behind Lenny's large model to block LoS if you're worried about him getting shot at, since he's probably the easiest to kill, but you can balance it out with Francois, Pere, Rami or just regular Bayous being much more damaging targets. Wouldn't take it all the time, since Skeeters are nice to sometimes have and you want to spread out a bit more in certain strats. It's very nice for turf war or reckoning.

Sometimes he's good to toss one or two scheme runners out on turn 1 in strats or schemes where you want to spread out, like maybe ALitS or stake a claim. You can get 20" of turn 1 movement out of a regular bayou gremlin with that if they don't drunk & reckless, which can get you some nice points. With Merris you can probably hit a turn 1 deliver a message if things turn out okay. It's not as good as a pigapult's place but the 'pult is a bit more situational.

Vendetta is a place I like to take him. Not because he takes the vendetta, Rami takes it, but starts near Lenny (situation permitting) and is guaranteed a ram, which will ideally (double focus in a perfect world) get him 8 damage on his target, enough to kill quite a few 7ss models in one go. Ofc that doesn't need to be turn 1, and you can use the ram on any model with a nice attack to get a surprise 3 points, I just find Rami's snipe to be the best.

Other than all those tricks though, he's a nice 2" melee bodyguard with 3 minimum damage who you can pop near your other models to dissuade engagements while buffing them. I really really love Lenny. Not sold on his piggo-throw upgrade though. Oh, and he's totally immune to conditions, including distracted and cursed object.

He has some HUGE setbacks (walk 4, only 2 AP, ONE WILLPOWER), but the benefits he brings are so huge that he's always one of the very first models I consider for anything. Also put him near Old Cranky and he's got 2Wp!!!

Edited by Dogmantra

Love it and pet it piglets at your own Bayous to just add even more summons, tag along with Burt to give him auto-rams and make him even scarier, make Burt (and Somer) harder to kill. Combine with Trixie or piglets to move him about. Think he might be a bit more useful with Ulix or Brewie, but that (and the above) is mostly theory at this point.

Edited by Ftgt Evan

He's also super useful with Mah! As long as she has an 8+ tome or an 8+ and a SS (7+ if you got a ram in initiative), she can get off her Cripple 'em trigger for a 1AP charge and a buff to melee. If the charge keeps her close to Lenny (probably need Know the Terrain), you get a ram for your crit strike too. Min damage 4 and 4 attacks in a turn is fearsome >:D

So here is an idea that I have played around with,  sure toss up Ophelia and then ooh a girl or saddle pig ride Lenny to cover for movement, but take Lenny as support, Use the upgrade Quality Mash Liquor  on him and then during his turn he becomes a healer/dmg reducer. It's effective in keeping a specific model alive (such as bodyguard scheme that's not on Lenny) and stick him next to a model that you want a beatstick nearby (say Rami who has no melee action)

• 2 weeks later...

I also use Lenny with Ophelia. He gets that bubble of Rams and large target around them for the young Lacroix to use her shooting upgrades and give them "armour" with the already :-fate due to small targets.

I have yet to try him for the pigapult, with that whacked piglet attack to supply "free ammo". Then for Brewie, bonus bubble while being immune to poison due immune to conditions (am i reading it right?)

Him and Francois have seen the most action in my games, so far at least.

I'm assuming you mean Som'er lists with lenny. In which case remember that his pseudo armour aura, reduces gremlins drunk and reckless to just 1 dmg instead of 2. So placed in the middle of the summoning engine he can reduce a lot of dmg.

With skeeters and a pigapult, discarding a tome and lenny's upgrade you can fire 2 piglets at the pigapult for easy ammo. Piglets can also truffles lenny up the board.

Doesnt it say, in "Git yer bro" that both gremlins suffer 2 pts of damage which cannot be reduced?

Doesnt it say, in "Git yer bro" that both gremlins suffer 2 pts of damage which cannot be reduced?

Get Yer Bro can't be reduced (damage from the summon), but Drunk and Reckless can be reduced (damage from Bayou Gremlins Reckless ability)

• Like 1