Questions on our porcine friends.

CheshireMonkey

Ok I have some questions that I'm failing to find answers to if they've been asked before.  Last night was my first Malifaux game in quite some time and it was for the Shifting Loyalties campaign.  I started with Old Major, two piglets, a war pig, and a wild boar.  This is the first game I've ever put pigs on the table without a gremlin and mistakes were made and questions came up.

My first turn was messed up because I believed that the pigs had to charge the enemy front line and couldn't move normally.  I basically fed my opponent my crew.  So I just want to double check.  The charge only happens if the pig has a target in charge range?

The stampede trigger came up and I realized that I've never used this before either.  I've only ever used pigs as catapult fodder really.  Does a pig take disengaging strikes from stampeding?

Set'er off specifies they must charge "if there is a legal target in range". Since you had Old Major and only pigs, your pigs could act as you wished (because your own pigs were not a legal target) until they were in charge range of enemy models, at which point they would have to charge an enemy model. They don't have to charge the closest enemy model though, just declare a charge.

and math beat me to the other question with a citation :c

• Like 1

Warpig with 1pt charge plus stampede is an amazingly effective pin ball of destruction if you set it up properly.

Old major will help with this as stated above by removing friendly pigs as targets.

Engaging advanced units with piglets is a nice way of setting up the angles and possible stampede targets for the warpig to crash into.