Henchman for shifting loyalties

Trample

Going to enter a shifting loyalties campaign. I haven't read the book yet (don't have it), but understand we'll be starting with a henchman led group @ 35 stones (but paying the henchman cost) and building from there. Probably gonna start with gremlins... so Trixiebelle, Fingers, or Mancha Roja? 

I think I'm leaning Trixie's way, but I really like Mancha Roja as well. Any thoughts on who might do best here?

The problem with Mancha Roja in such a setting is that he has a giant target on him and won't likely survive all the attention he's going to get. I feel that having a long ranged Henchman is generally the way to go in the campaign. And Trixie offers tremendous utility. And is quite a bit cheaper, too.

I took McTavish and he was ridiculous.

In a henchman campaign, I'd lean Francois or Trixie. Francois can just murderize everything and Trixie is the best henchman Gremlins have.

I feel that Francois is a really poor leader, actually, since he is very susceptible to Assassinate and Deliver a Message and such. He is an excellent initial buy, though. In my campaign Francois had Ml 7 with positive twists to Ml attacks and Armor +1. It was highly, highly silly.

Inclined towards McTavish more than any of the others, really need the gators though, and preferably the new McTavish as he looks awesome.

From the list above though I'd probably go for Mancha Roja as much as I dislike his theme I feel he brings the best bag of tricks and can pack condition removal into the mix. 

I really think that melee Henchmen aren't a good idea for a leader in the campaign. In small games such as those in the beginning this is even more important, I feel. You don't want your leader getting hurt and several Schemes are worse if you're a melee as opposed to ranged.

And since Gremlins have a couple of excellent choices for ranged Henchmen and since you can still take their powerful melee Henchmen along, I feel that it's a good idea to go with Trixie, McTavish, or even Sammy rather than Francois, Mancha Roja or Sparks. Fingers is prolly the worst, though, as he is so specialized and won't work at all for some Schemes and Strategies.

I'm still waiting for the book to arrive but I can't imagine how you would make fingers work, which is sad for anyone who wants to develop a fluffy brew master crew over the course of the campaign, but I suppose the same applies to some henchman in other factions aswell.

I'm still waiting for the book to arrive but I can't imagine how you would make fingers work, which is sad for anyone who wants to develop a fluffy brew master crew over the course of the campaign, but I suppose the same applies to some henchman in other factions aswell.

You will generally end up with a pretty big pool of models so you can still take Fingers later on in the campaign.

• 2 weeks later...

We ran a short campaign (only three weeks since Nythera started this week) and I ran Fingers really well.  I managed to get 10 VP in two games thanks to chatty and his ability to interact while engaged.  Granted, I didn't play against either of the ranged-heavy lists in all of the three weeks (Katanak Snipers with Ototo and a Guild Rifle gunline), but I still maintain that fingers is good if you're running for schemes and not for killing.

My all-star team was Fingers, Lenny, Raphael (who killed no-stop) and three moon shinobi.  Lenny was added week two, a slop hauler added week 3, and my week 4 addition would've been either Merris (more scheme shenanigans) or a slop hauler (healing forver!).

I just wish I had Trixie to run this campaign in Nythera.  Guess I'll give McT a try to shake things up.

I ended up choosing Trixiebelle for this one (along with Lenny, Mancha Roja, Lightning Bug, & a Bayou Gremlin). So I guess I didn't decide between Mancha and Trixie but took them both (although shes the leader)! Only one game in so far, which ended in a tie. Nobody was injured and Mancha Roja got the off hand attacks skill following the game (+ flips melee). So far so good.