Guild Book?

Claymore65

Hey, I was wondering, are there any plans on the Horizon for a Guild-themed book?

Into the Steam is a fantastic for Arcanist fans, providing awesome pursuits that let you mimic some of your favorite masters. It also adds a ton of description of the North, along with the Arcanist group in general. It adds a TON to the game, and I would highly suggest it to anyone playing Through the Breach.

I remember when the game was first created it was mentioned most factions would get a book to themselves (I think they mentioned a Resser book, a Neverborn book and a Gremlin book specifically).

Will the Guild get the same treatment? I would love to learn more about the Guild's holdings in Maifaux (and preferably Earthside as well). They hold an intriguing place in the world, and learning more about Guild laws, politics, corruption and justice would be fascinating.

There's plenty of opportunities for new pursuits (Witchhunter, Austringer, etc) too, but I'd be most interested in learning about the Guild as a faction. They have a really interesting Mythos set up around them, and I would love to learn more.

According to the Kickstarter, the following supplements were basically:

Into the Bayou (Bayou & Necropolis details, playble Gremlins)
Into the Steam (What we have now "Within the Steam" +playable Robots)
From Nightmares (playable Neverborn, & details on Monstrous natives)
Under Quarantine (Playable Undead, & Necromancer expansion)
In the Guild Wars (plot book? War on earth comes to Malifaux)
Beyond Fate ("rules for avatars to be used in high power campaigns")

So it seems like we're going to get a "Guild" book in a way with the alleged Plot book. Also one could consider the core book very much a "Guild" book as all the things are done in the Guild-flavor.

• 3 weeks later...

Perhaps they're saving Outcasts for an Outcasts/Ten Thunders book?

Outcasts get love in various places throughout the books, depending upon their individual natures. For instance, the Animator Pursuit in Into the Steam is an adequate portrayal of Leveticus' abomination summoning, and Under Quarantine goes into further detail on Hamelin, the rats, and the plague (as well as a host of other contagions and diseases) while still giving some love to Tara in the form of an Advanced Pursuit that players can take up.

So, while there aren't any plans for an Outcast book at the moment, the Outcasts as a faction are still making their presence felt in the world. I think that Under Quarantine in particular will be a good book for them, if only because it gives them lots of lawless areas in the Quarantine Zone to play around in.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...