My Resurrectionist Crew

Ress is More

Sweet looking paint job so far, i have just got the belles to start myself and as this is my first foray into Malifaux, i was a bit suprised with how delicate the models are. This leads me onto a question what did you use to attach the belles to the bases? Super glue? did you pin them?

Cheers

They are indeed very hard to attach to the base. For the left and right one I didn't remove the sprue from the feet, after painting them I used a sharp(!) hobby knife to carefully cut away the sprue leaving only a "pin" on each feet. I then drilled two holes in the base and inserted the miniature. If the would have been a little more fleshy on the anckels I would have pinned them with a 0.8mm drill.

The middle one has no sprue attached to her feet so I glued a small round piece of plastic on one of her feet and the tip of her umbrella and inserted these in the drilled base. If she should fall or something like that she will surely come off. But I feel this was the best I could do.

I did reply a few days ago but obviously the post was dragged away by some unseen being. Thanks for the info i have managed to drill a hole in the base of a foot now i just need to find some wire thin and stiff enough to fit it. the rest i left with sprue on where possible to do as you did.

• 1 month later...

Finished the Copycat Killer and Madam Sybelle. I will expand this crew later. I'll start on my Jack Daw crew tonight.

IMG_5529.JPG

IMG_5530.JPG

And a group picture:

IMG_5532.JPG

As you may notice I've put Killjoy on a different base than I did at first. I wanted him to be more tied to this crew and the base I originally made for him didn't work in that aspect.

I will be adding some dogs, a flesh construct and some dead doxies at a later moment.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...