Bushwhackers

Trample

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Man, it is really disappointing that models can look so good but be rated so badly. I've never given them a proper look, so let's see:

:+fate

• Sh 6 with 14 range which ignores cover.
  • Sweet melee triggers.
  • Can create soft cover.
  • Cover also protects from non-:melee actions.
  • Defense 6, 6 wounds which is relatively stocky.

:-fate

• Bad Sh damage track without focus (really don't want to flip Weak damage on these girls).
  • No Reckless so relatively slow.
  • 6ss so literally two Bayou Gremlins' worth and competing with Burt, Raphael and Francois.

They seem like super-charged Bayous except for the lack of Reckless. I'm not sure when I'd take them. They're not killy enough to forgo the likes of Raphael but they're not mobile enough to do scheme-running.

Ive used one in a somer summoning crew with moderate success. i tended to worry less about focusing and more on having a higher number of attacks going out. Getting a few moderates the dmg really starts to ramp up. Basically had my summoning point for somer a bit further up the field (around that 8inch push territory) and had lenny reducing the dmg the bushwhacker took for boosting their confidence. It was Turf war so i was able to just unload with gremlins and the bush whacker. Whether or not its better than Raph or a rooster rider im not sure. But in that situation i managed to churn out a lot of shots with it per turn. 

I think the comparison Bushwackers suffer in is Rooster Riders. Same cost, and all the girls have is slightly more survivability. They have their place is some lists, but I agree that they may be very slightly over-costed.

I would add the new Survivor from Shifting Loyalties to the Bushwhacker competition pool.

• 1 month later...

I agree that one or two in a gun line is a reasonable option. I started a campaign this last week with one plus two BG's and the extra shot helped in 2 turns out of 3. The extra 2" was nice to have as well. They might not make it in every time, but for some schemes they are good insurance.