$1000 Swords & Superheros: Kingwood 50 ss Tourney

Aztex3400

Address: 2515 Chestnut Ridge, Kingwood TX

Date: August 15th 2015

Cost: $30 Must have a 8+ players

Start: 11am

Details:

$1000 in prize support will be paid out.

1st: $300

2nd: $200

3rd: $100

Best Hobby: $125

Player's Choice: $125

and 3 $50 Door prizes.

Points: 50 ss using the 2015 Gaining grounds format, Painting requirement is waived

Please Contact the store at (281) 312-4432

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This tournament ended up being a lot of fun. Turn out of 9 players (although the store has room for 36). Prize support was crazy awesome. When they said $1000 they meant it. Prizes for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, Favorite opponent, and Best Hobbyist (which I walked away with) were all given in store credit and the store has a ridiculous amount of stock--full range of Malifaux (including lots of old metals) and an obscene number of board games (which are more like crack to me than even Malifaux).

The store owners said they will be trying to run a tourney of this size every 3 months, so next time they announce something take note; they are trying to put their store on the map as a major spot of Malifaux tourneys and are willing to muster the necessary support.

I Apparently there was car troubles for a group coming down from Dallas, a couple of regulars couldn't get out of prior engagments and a small but growing number of noobs who are just getting their feet wet. Interesting times in H-town. Travis claimed first with 3 wins playing Nicodem. I came in second also with 3 wins playing Molly in two games and Seamus in one. His differential was a couple of points higher than mine. Monkeyking66 came in 3rd playing Guild.

• Like 1