The effects of blackblood on an arcanist (ideas help)

So I'm in the planning phase of a Malifaux story I've wanted to write for a while about an Arcanist agent who at birth was injected with nephilim black blood and I'm just trying to consider what kind of effects this might have on my mage. At the beginning of the story he is a relatively normal mage (roughly level with a henchman) but I want the effects of the black blood to increase as the story progresses. The blood would most likely have an effect on his mental state and there's the obvious damage it can do but I'm not sure what would happen to a mage with neverborn blood.

The mage's natural powers is over the winds and air, he mostly uses it to help him get around and create barriers.

A couple basic concepts:

+mental+ As time passes his personality begins to fragment. He might talk to himself or switch between demeanors. Or...

+ physical+ His senses start to change. He begins to perceive things in new ways. He can hear life, or smell a person's emotions or something similar. Perhaps there's some visible (but concealable) sign of his change.

Anyway. Hope that helps

• Like 1

I'd recommend a gradual change rather than a sudden one. It's more interesting and believable (as much as believable applies to a setting like this. Lol). Finds himself quicker to anger. Uncharacteristic outbursts. Catches himself barely in time to avoid choking someone to death. Finds it harder to resist his impulses. Etc

• Like 1