Nunorod's Plog - Painting Malifaux

nunorod

Well i get you... BEcause i thought that only bull would take a bit out of the colorful Samurai "spirit" but sometimes being a miniature makes it different somehow...

And wanted to make some more texture, but i do love the blue with pattern more then the purple :)

Maybe before i paint over it i try to glaze it with blue and see how it goes :)

Well i get you... BEcause i thought that only bull would take a bit out of the colorful Samurai "spirit" but sometimes being a miniature makes it different somehow...

And wanted to make some more texture, but i do love the blue with pattern more then the purple :)

Maybe before i paint over it i try to glaze it with blue and see how it goes :)

Maybe finish the miniature first before axing the purple, you never know with the Model still being very much WIP the rest of the paint "could" pull it together

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So, Izamu is pretty much finished. Some splatter/dirt, some weathering (dust), and basing with the snow motive I 've been making with Kirai. Pretty happy with the result.

See any thing I could still retouch or work a bit more?

izamu_wip3_zpsjd4hp5v2.jpg

izamu_wip4_zpsymjsk8he.jpg

Then I started on the Belles. First objective, dead nasty skin but not so nasty to look like a Walking dead zombie...they do have some class in them, they are proper girls. What do you think? Any advice?

belles_wip1_zpsj6i0zhb2.jpg

• Like 5

Of course!

its basically this

a base with Deck Tan (all valejo)

first shades were with Brown violet and darkened a bit with violet  it was a bit too dark i must admit...

then highlighted with a mix 50/50 deck tan and ivory

glazed more shades with lothrn blue (citadel) and more highlight with deck tan plus ivory and finally ivory. The veins were with Dark sea blue, vallejo .

the eyes have a mix of lining with black then some glazes with black and sybarite green for the glow. Sybarite green for the eyes and a white dot. Inside of mount h is wash cavalry brown.

Basically this i think. It was a bit of looking at references and see what colors made sense. I wanted a blodless life form whitish with "blue" bruises etc

Edited by nunorod
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Been a while since I posted.

The Belles have been a really slow progress.

Finished Izamu and it's just waiting weathering and basing.

Finally finished the Belles. Still have to apply Matte Varnish, some details here and there and am thinking if I should make some dirt/blood splatter. I started the on the bases.

Sorry for the bad photos.

belles_wip2_zpssljqr0mi.jpg

belles_wip2B_zpsl6po8gby.jpg

Critiques! ;)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys long time no see.

I'm still painting, not regularly of course, But I stepped on Outcasts now.  I do paint a bit what I feel like that's why it's so random. 

I started Outcasts because of Tara and after a won prize of the Schill crew Outcasts are on the go. 

I still don't have many finished things but I wanted to share some pictures for your feedback.

Most of the basing is not done.

I expect constructive criticism ;) from you pros.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Came along this thread while looking for a colour scheme for my Seishin and then I saw yours. Absolutely fantastic. How did you get that effect and what colours did you use if I may ask. I know, you started them 4 years ago but....amazing!

I'm honestly not that fan of the Onryo, maybe because the orange in them. However ,they still look gorgeous :-) 

• Like 1

Thank you guys!

About the seishin. I don't recall the exact name of the color, but I worked around greyish blue tones. The snout and "face" I used a bone-ish like white, the body blue-ish greys. And then glazing with greens. Not grass green, but something more close to turquoise, sorry can't recall the name but it's a GW color. The other are mainly Vallejo.

If you need more info I'll be glad to help :)

• Like 1

On 9/28/2015 at 4:00 AM, nunorod said:

Then I started on the Belles. First objective, dead nasty skin but not so nasty to look like a Walking dead zombie...they do have some class in them, they are proper girls. What do you think? Any advice?

belles_wip1_zpsj6i0zhb2.jpg

I came up with a method that works pretty well by accident.

Get a wet palette, put down four colors near each other; a bright purple/violet shade, a dull greenish dead flesh shade, dark red/blood color, and a brownish neutral color. Loosely blur the paints together so you get swirly mixes of each.

Then in a very loose and 'sketchy' kind of way, paint the different colors across the areas of flesh so there isn't any consistent color across the entire area. Put the purples in areas where it looks like there would be bruises or blood pooling, reds around wounds and sores, and just kind of loosely fill in with the green and brown mixed with red and/or purple wherever it looks right. Be sure to thin the paints properly and build up the skin in multiple coats of paint. 

Use the purple to shade, and a red mixed with the brown or green and some yellow to highlight. Maybe hit it with a mix of white and the brown or green for final highlights.

This may only work for me, but I got some great results with it. 

21 hours ago, ringsnake said:

I came up with a method that works pretty well by accident.

Get a wet palette, put down four colors near each other; a bright purple/violet shade, a dull greenish dead flesh shade, dark red/blood color, and a brownish neutral color. Loosely blur the paints together so you get swirly mixes of each.

Then in a very loose and 'sketchy' kind of way, paint the different colors across the areas of flesh so there isn't any consistent color across the entire area. Put the purples in areas where it looks like there would be bruises or blood pooling, reds around wounds and sores, and just kind of loosely fill in with the green and brown mixed with red and/or purple wherever it looks right. Be sure to thin the paints properly and build up the skin in multiple coats of paint. 

Use the purple to shade, and a red mixed with the brown or green and some yellow to highlight. Maybe hit it with a mix of white and the brown or green for final highlights.

This may only work for me, but I got some great results with it. 

Could you show a example? Having a hard time understanding. :/