Molly Summoning and Black Blood

jonahmaul

Question

Hey folks, running Molly for first time tonight and just want to make sure that I've got something correct with her summoning and Black Blood.

The summon states that the models summoned suffers damage equal to it's Wd reduced by each model within :pulse 3" ignoring HtK and Black Blood.

Just want to clarify that this means that when Molly summons something within her own Aura that grants Black Blood this wouldn't trigger on the summoned model (and therefore do 1 damage to every model within :pulse 1")?  I'm sure that I've read previously that models Molly summons can do two damage to surrounding models (one for BB and one if they fail the Horror Duel) but is this not correct?

Thanks for the clarification.  Just want to make sure that I play her correctly!

8 answers to this question

The stuff you've read which talks about damaging models using Black Blood from summons is probably (hopefully!) from the period of the beta when her summon didn't have the "ignoring Black Blood" clause. You used to be able to summon-bomb people, it was hideous - that's why that exemption exists now. :P

The stuff you've read which talks about damaging models using Black Blood from summons is probably (hopefully!) from the period of the beta when her summon didn't have the "ignoring Black Blood" clause. You used to be able to summon-bomb people, it was hideous - that's why that exemption exists now. :P

Oh I remember the beta times with Molly. :D

• Like 2

Devious plans? Like using Manical Laughter on Molly with a Carrion Emissary carrying Molly's Upgrade? Look at all these Mindless Zombies I just raised! Oh, and look, they are now all Horrors, meaning they now get black blood for being near me. You kill them? Great I bring those little bombs back next turn. You don't? Great I surround you with them and keep you from moving, or spending your AP efficiently.

You can do something similar with Seishin, if you are trying for the splashy way of doing Damge.

• Like 1

Well the game went very well and I won 10-4 at a canter.  It was one of those games where everything seemed to go my way whilst my opponent just had crap luck.  He was playing Brewmaster (we pre-agreed that we'd both use full crew boxes plus extras though I could choose to hire or summon the Necrotic Machine) so was pretty bunched up and first turn I dropped the Necrotic Machine (which I hadn't hired) into an empty space to pop Killjoy out then summoned a Student of Viscera within 3" of five of his models then accompliced Killjoy who went a bit mental.  I then won initiative on turn two so activated Molly to summon a Drowned on 3 Wounds who I then proceeded to do her Cast against to BB two models and draw two cards before dropping a scheme marker which scored me 2VPs for Plant Explosives (plus I scored another elsewhere on the board) then accompliced Killjoy to do his thing again.  At that point I'd killed virtually all his minions leaving him only Brewie, Wesley, Fingers and a single Shinobi and they all died the next turn :unsure: