When do you use Yamaziko?

Paradigm

• 2 months later...

Yamaziko has been great for me with Lynch. She can run schemes with Nimble, tie up enemy models with her long range and prevent (or punish) charges with the medium base and awesome (0) Brace action. In addition, the combo of Stitched Together with Misty Fog gives her soft cover against projectile attacks and combine for a nasty discard-the-hand combo, she herself is very hard to affect with WP attacks, etc... More importantly, she is probably the best mobile platform in Ten Thunders simply on account that she can carry both Smoke and Shadows and Blot Out the Sky. Being almost as great at babysitting archers as Sidir while being able to throw some LoS-blocking shadow-jumping ninjas in the mix is extremely versatile. Also, for the cheap cost of 7 SS, you get a henchman (and thus can use soulstones). Decent attack with blasts on moderate and above, + for duels vs masters so you can either tie them up better or discard their cards more reliably.. The goodness never ends ^_^ Granted, her Df is pitiful, but she IS an -old- -lady-, so... there had to be something hampering. Just choose your positioning and fights carefully and she more the pays off her cost so long as you picked your crew and schemes well.

• Like 1

I find her great for deliver a message. Nimble and 3" combat range allows her to easily (but not safely xD) approach the enemy leader and then take the (2) interact action.

Also, as stated, 40mm round base and the Yari makes her good to carry Blot the Sky, with an archer hidden behind. And nimble allows to not slow the archer.

I play very often against Pandora, where she shines. Once had an Oiran near, Wp8, with (-) to Pandora's duel, and (+) to mine. Woah, never seen my friend more exasperated xD

I use Yamaziko all the time. She's a solid scheme running Bench at 7 SS. I usually give her Smoke Grenades and Smoke and Shadows.

Also take her into stuff like Pandora or other WP attack heavy shenanigans. I think her low damage of 3 is highly underestimated and if you play into a dude swarm (particularly a dude swarm that comes in with less then max wounds) she will clear the board quick with built in blasts.

I feel she excels at Breakthrough, Entourage, Protect Territory, and Power Ritual.

I've only recently played her, however I found her inexpensive access to soulstone usage made her deceptively more survivable than her low defense depicts.

True, but you also need to know when to stop, in a sticky situation she can devour your soulstones at an insane rate if not careful. Sometimes it's just better to let her die and save the resources.

I've only recently played her, however I found her inexpensive access to soulstone usage made her deceptively more survivable than her low defense depicts.

True, but you also need to know when to stop, in a sticky situation she can devour your soulstones at an insane rate if not careful. Sometimes it's just better to let her die and save the resources.

Depends. In a Misaki list, she can have all the stones she wants. Except the last one. That's for my girl.

Depends. In a Misaki list, she can have all the stones she wants. Except the last one. That's for my girl.

This is how it felt for Misaki list I ran, I didn't really have much use for them with Misaki and actually had some use of being out of stones.

Yamaziko certainly shines brightest when she's with Misaki.  Recently, I've been playing her with "Smoke & Shadows", along with 2 Oiran.  Between the 3 of them, they can accomplish just about any Scheme that requires scheme markers to be dropped.  Unless I'm playing against Neverborn, "Hidden Agenda" is just about always put on Misaki, along with "Stalking Bisento" and "Recalled Training". 

As for her weaknesses, I try my best to keep her away from enemy hitters as much as I can, until it's absolutely necessary that she gets in the mix of things.  I've yet to use her "Master Tactician" attack, but then again it's rare that I face an opponent with an unrevealed Scheme.

Interesting.  I'm considering having her as leader for a campaign starting up.  Do you think her having Master Tactician will effect what schemes people pick when playing against me (At least, once they realize what it does/that she has it :P)  Because that would be an interesting side effect of having her as leader.

Interesting.  I'm considering having her as leader for a campaign starting up.  Do you think her having Master Tactician will effect what schemes people pick when playing against me (At least, once they realize what it does/that she has it :P)  Because that would be an interesting side effect of having her as leader.

I doubt it would influence them to a point where it becomes drastic.  Considering it takes 2 AP, and only range 6", I think at that point, you're better off trying to hit him with the Yari instead.  Unless you think forcing him to drop cards is more important than dealing 3 damage to him, you're probably going to find yourself attacking with the  Yari more.

I doubt it would influence them to a point where it becomes drastic.  Considering it takes 2 AP, and only range 6", I think at that point, you're better off trying to hit him with the Yari instead.  Unless you think forcing him to drop cards is more important than dealing 3 damage to him, you're probably going to find yourself attacking with the  Yari more.

More than likely.. although it does present more of an issue once Misaki or Misdirection are thrown into the mix, because then cards are much more valuable to stop Misdirects/Assassinations.  So probably won't be doing it any time early in the campaign.