May FAQ

Justin

The way I read Patzer's response is that Blasts are an effect and as Pandora doesn't use the printed effects they don't get added.  Which is the opposite to what you claimed.

Pandora doesn't add other printed effects i.e. effects that are not part of the printed damage result (which is also an effect).

I just don't see the point in arguing that blasts are an effect when no one is disagreeing about that. Either way, we should probably continue this conversation in the original thread if there is something left unsaid.

• Like 1

I enjoy that this sort of discussion is so ingrained int he rules forum that we're dissecting meanings in a post by someone who can just come back here and tell us what he meant...

I don't really know if you are sarcastic on that one. Some native speaker nuance I overlooked? My comment was a bit meta, I admit.

I don't really know if you are sarcastic on that one. Some native speaker nuance I overlooked? My comment was a bit meta, I admit.

You were just the last one to reply, I was referring to the whole conversation analyzing Patzer's post. Didn't mean for it to be sarcastic so much as it just amused me. :)

You were just the last one to reply, I was referring to the whole conversation analyzing Pantser's post. Didn't mean for it to be sarcastic so much as it just amused me. :)

Well, good then. Nothing better than a little amusement at work. ;)

Pandora doesn't add other printed effects i.e. effects that are not part of the printed damage result (which is also an effect).

I just don't see the point in arguing that blasts are an effect when no one is disagreeing about that. Either way, we should probably continue this conversation in the original thread if there is something left unsaid.

Well it was never resolved there either as both sides are convinced their interpretation is correct!  Hence hoping it would be in the FAQ. 

Well it was never resolved there either as both sides are convinced their interpretation is correct!  Hence hoping it would be in the FAQ. 

The way I remember it was that one side presented arguments and the other decided to ignore them and not provide any themselves. My viewpoint might be somewhat biased. :P

• Like 2