Scheme Runners

Tzarcastic

It is assuming that you can find a corridor to move around with, worse case send two down the opposite sides most of the time people do not have terrain hug the side of the board.

The assumption still works as much as say what is a good runner. As said what I use to run for X I do not necessarily use for Y.

Single running mole men work under the same assumption and limitations as the metal gamin. If you want to take walls into effect add an inch to 2 inches, as most walls are no more than ht 2 and most are 1. As for forests and other large area of severe area, if you can not find a clear path change your runners. Yes Flight, Incorporeal, Unimpeded, Leap or Nimble work well, and nimble is needed for deliver the message but they are not the be all end all.  I have caught a person with metal gamins running for break through more often than not. You know the fallowing before a game: deployment, strategy, scheme pool, at least the basics of terrain, and your enemy factions. Approximately 1/3 to 1/2 (if someone wants it very heavy) of the board is terrain and as such blocking all routs is tough, straight or not.

I often run 2 to 3 models for schemes and they all act independent form the others, often in totally different areas and often 1-2 get through enemies and terrain.

As I said a good scheme runner is generally whatever you think can get there; I will also add and your willing to dedicate to the mission.

Let's face it, anything "can" work if it's spare. But to be better than the average model I'd think it's fair to assume the OP is asking which models move more than 4" (assuming no enemy -dependent movement tricks), as pretty much every model in the deck is at least 4ap and can move 4"

Given that as a baseline criteria, a 4AP metal Gamin probably is the baseline against which everything else that is "better" can be considered as "good"

Let's face it, anything "can" work if it's spare. But to be better than the average model I'd think it's fair to assume the OP is asking which models move more than 4" (assuming no enemy -dependent movement tricks), as pretty much every model in the deck is at least 4ap and can move 4"

Given that as a baseline criteria, a 4AP metal Gamin probably is the baseline against which everything else that is "better" can be considered as "good"

Wow no wonder I under value the Metal Gamin, I've been using it as a 2 Ap model ;) (I assume you mean soulstone)

Buit there are some good points.

What do you mean by scheme runner? Generally I mean a model that I'm happy to focus on dropping scheme markers. A model to deliver the message is a different beast entirely. There can be some overlap,  but on the whole they have different criteria. (Deliver a message and Claim jump rely on you being able to move soemwhere and still be able to make a 2 interact action, scheme markers require you gettigng  a scheme marker in certain places, which moving and dropping is 1 good way of doing it, but you can do it well without any bonus movement tricks if you have a reasonable walk)

The Corephyee duet is a great scheme runner, but it is expensive, and you will probably get more effect out of 2 (or even 4) cheaper models that it, if all you are looking for is a way to drop scheme markers.

My personal test is how fast can a modelcomplete an announced line in the sand, as that requires the most scheme markers down. (and I typically work it from standard deployment)

Other schemes such as power ritual will place a greater emphesis on movement, as you must get across half the board (although its much "easier " in a flank deployment game)

Of the 19 schemes there are 3 or 4 about killing/being killed. To me when someone states scheme runner I think of these 15 or so other schemes and think well it depends. Some runners are better with various masters and build, like having that mannequin, also some runners are better because no one thinks of it because the model is "slow", has "better" uses elsewhere, or the model is just considered worthless (guild guard). Most answers are situational at best or the mechanical rider (a high ss model).

The models role in you mind may also change, I play 3 factions and in one game my enemy set up after me far away from my mature nephilim and a young nephilim so they ran schemes much to my enemies surprised when he actual noticed.

Also when you want to start working on your schemes is a good indicator of what you want to use, most can be started turn 2 or 3 if  you go for early game.

I find the moment someone states this can only do X is the moment that model stops being used well, each model in the game has a lot of potential and though they may excel at an aspect of the game that is not the only thing you can do. The models people predict as the scheme runners are also good faints or distractions.

My favorite mobile model is Cassandra with Smoke and Mirrors, not supper expensive (9ss with the upgrade), great at faints, ok hitting power, hard to pin down and if ignored she can do any schemes.

• Like 1