So I tried new models today

CannonFodder

There was a small tournament yesterday and I decided to try some new models yesterday instead of going with my usual. here are my findings.

Merris: for 6 points and ONLY having her drop scheme markers makes her really good. Before playing her I was not overly impressed, but the combination of flight and the (0) made her do the scheme on her own. Well worth it. This leaves the rest of you army free to focus on other objectives.

Bayou Bushwackers: Very strong gunline model but its a wierd combination of not enough actions and too fragile to to last the entire game. This makes it almost a must have and a do not include at the same time. While its has its role I found 2 at 35ss too much. 1 @35ss and 2@50SS max. I didn't play a slop hauler with them but if you want more than 1 you need to keep a form of healing near them. For 20 points you can have 2 of these, 1 slop hauler and a bayou gremlin cover half a board with range, but you would to keep them in soft cover area, not moving. great for covering fire but lousy for objectives. 

Sammy and Old cranky: I tried this combo for maximum card cycling. Old crankys DF Aura made him a star hiding behind a gun line making the shooters in cover virtually untouchable. But Sammy really did not impress me as a leader. The 6 cache looks nice, but he has no output. without reckless he only gets 2 AP, and his weapons just don't do anything. 

Is there something I'm missing with Sammy. Unless you are playing a 50ss game with lost of henchmen and want a large SS pool I don't see reason to take him. Is there something I missed.

Is there something I'm missing with Sammy. Unless you are playing a 50ss game with lost of henchmen and want a large SS pool I don't see reason to take him. Is there something I missed.

Well, he is a she, for starters.

She's also a support model for your Master. If you want a model with good attacks, she is not your girl.

• Like 1

You missed the fact that she's a she :P

But really, she can carry an Upgrade for you Master allowing for two Limited Upgrades or allowing the Master to benefit from their Upgrade in interesting ways (like using My Threatening Gun to have Ophelia shoot as she isn't that hamepered by the negative twist or encouraging Somer).

Also note that Twisted Legs can be as good as Paralyze and Twisted Mind can cause Paralyze. And Twisted Fingers can really mess up some models relying on their Triggers.

She is a support model, though, so doesn't make a good leader in small games. Use her in 50SS as support and she really shines.

sammy + family tree = gremlin summoning factory that can leave somer (carrying encouragement) free to go beat face. Leave a skeeter with her for suits and your good to go. If she's in the mix, I drop lenny and pick up burt or francois for extra fire power.

I like using her to defend markers by denying movement to enemy models, she's very good at dishing out healthy dose of 'nope' when needed. Turning enemy markers into stuffed piglets on turn 5 is also a whole heap of fun.