Hard to Wound + Hazardous terrain

valhallan42nd

Question

Well I tend to have the same mental process when playing a variety of games which is why I'm currently trying new Masters to find a different way of doing things. Usually it looks a little like this...

Q. How do I win Warhammer?

A. Apply Ogres directly to the face... repeatedly!

Q. How do I win WarmaHordes?

A. Apply Titans directly to the face... repeatedly! 

Q. How do I win Malifaux?

A. Apply the Viks directly to the face... repeatedly!

Well I tend to have the same mental process when playing a variety of games which is why I'm currently trying new Masters to find a different way of doing things. Usually it looks a little like this...

Q. How do I win Warhammer?

A. Apply Ogres directly to the face... repeatedly!

Q. How do I win WarmaHordes?

A. Apply Titans directly to the face... repeatedly! 

Q. How do I win Malifaux?

A. Apply the Viks directly to the face... repeatedly!

I know exactly what you mean. I played Tyranids, Trollbloods, and now Justice...

IMO the best way to counter the Viks is the combination of Sub Zero and Explosive Demise - just like in every other situation, Rasputina has all the answers.

You know, Godlyness once made a pretty interesting case for Sub Zero doing exactly nothing against a Vik charge or a Whirlwind.

Was it about the timings again?

Nah. He just pointed out that ending the activation doesn't mean that the current action ends, and as Charge and Whirlwind produce additional actions, the trigger would do nothing at all until the Charge and all the Whirlwinds are resolved.

Nah. He just pointed out that ending the activation doesn't mean that the current action ends, and as Charge and Whirlwind produce additional actions, the trigger would do nothing at all until the Charge and all the Whirlwinds are resolved.

Hahaha. Sometimes I miss that guy. :D

He's still around no?!  I can see a case for it but doesn't sub-zero state 'immediately'?  I got into a 'discussion' about it with something else that also had immediately in it and to my mind (as Malifaux uses common language) immediately means exactly that.

Yeah it does state immediately however  it's something to do with how triggers resolve, effectively the arguement is that trigger's effects will need to be resolved entirely before the activation can end. Same sort of logic applies to the charge action if I recall. I'm at work at the moment so can check my book. If I came across this though for the sake of easy play I'd just stop murdering stuff though.