Hard to get models.

Ok so here's a question for folks, I'm just getting back into the game (haven't played since the game first came out)  as it has seen a revival in my area, now I see Nathan every year at GenCon pick up what's new and the LE stuff as well. So I'm bulking up my Victoria crew and I have Miss Demeanor that I picked up one year at GenCon.

My question is she doesn't have a card in the 2e decks so do I use the card that came with her? I'm assuming I do unless Wyrd has updated these and they are available somewhere. Anyone have an thoughts suggestions? Thanks. 

Miss Demeanor is a Convict Gunslinger. The new cards don't have any of the old art for models. If you look at her old card (which is from the first edition of the game) i think it tells you she is a Convict gunslinger.She followed all the rules for a convict gunslinger, she just had a different sculpt.  The old card can't be ued in Second edition, as the rules aren't compatable between editions.

If you looked at the old rules for convict gunslingers, you'll see they also were lifers with Supressing fire, Trigger happy etc. She never had different rules she is just a different sculpt with the same rules.

Ok so follow up question how the rules for her not useable in 2e? they explain what they are and do just like the new 2e Cards so how do they differ?

Think of it like a new system that uses the same models.

Just about everything got rebalanced and shifted focus. For instance, resurrectionists used to be able to carry around body parts and there were all sorts of silly extremely niche abilities, and masters used to have a ton more abilities but no upgrades.

Ok so follow up question how the rules for her not useable in 2e? they explain what they are and do just like the new 2e Cards so how do they differ?

For a start the points cost of models has changed. On average models are about 2-3 SS more than they used to be, meaning that whilst the old rules normally were played at 35 ss, the new game is 50 ss, but still has a similar model count.

The old rules had slightly different stats for a start. You will have a Ca Stat on the Miss demenaor card, which you won't find on the M2E cards (Its now buiilt into the individual actions that need it) 

The old game also had a few differences, so its charge was generally a longer distance, btu you would only get to make 1 attack, where as the new rules let you make 2 attacks. The ways of scoring victory poinyts is also different.

Because of these sort of changes every single model was re-written to fit in the new rules. The old model is still valid, but it has to use the new rules for the new game.

You aren't allowed to pick which set of rules for each model you prefer. It would be similar to me using a 40K terminator model in a warhammer fantersy battle game.

(Ok its more like me using a 3rd edition hero with an 8th edition unit, following 2nd edition magic rules)

I've noticed that Soulstone Miners are rather tricky to come by. Some webstores do have them in stock, and I managed to get ahold of my own just today, but they are still in short supply and/or jacked in price due to the lack of current Miner production.

Actually, I am presently debating whether or not I want/need a second one for M2E, and as such I am keeping myself from revealing my sources haha - I am holding out on you, yes. >:D BUT HEY, there's only one left in stock and I got mine for less than $9 when you account for the shipping and coupon, if that helps you at all... XD

~Lil Kalki

• 5 weeks later...