General Descriptions of Faction play-style?

Ealdwulf

Makes sense - that sounds somewhat like Warmachine, changing out Warcasters - but probably a bit more dramatic in this case? 

In principle, yes; in practice, not even close. But you also have to consider the pre-game in Malifaux being much more in-depth. You may have theoryfaux'd Somerteeth Jones to death- and I think he is a very cool master- but you may get an encounter where you look at Ophelia being a bit stronger, even though you haven't given her the same attention.

For example, when I play Legion, I tend to play lists where I could switch out my warlocks and they would otherwise be very similar; the warlock is the fulcrum in my list. I'll play Rhyas a lot more aggressively than I would with eLylyth, whom I would play much more aggressively than pThagrosh. 

You could try something similar in Malifaux, but it's usually the wrong way to go about it. 

I like sorrows, but they really shine with a crew that dishes out loads of Wp duels; while that's not really a problem with Neverborn in general, Pandora and Zoraida would be the top guns in this respect, with Lucius maybe taking the third spot. Either way, if I'm playing Reckoning, sorrows aren't my first choice of minion due to the fact they're not as resilient as Incorpreal should make them; low Df is their primary stumbling block. Now, If I get Turf War, I'm likely to pull Pandora out and try to run her up aggressively so that her 6" bubble of doom coincides with the 6" bubble of Turf, and try to have at least one sorrow in the area to stack Misery auras and really ramp up the damage. In this case, I'd probably bring 2 for a 35 SS encounter, and 3 for a 50 SS encounter, and send them in waves using Misery Loves Company. Will I lose them? Probably, but not before they've stacked damage on the plethora of Wp I'll be pushing out.

If you're in it for fun, gremlins will probably be a great place to start. They do have a bit of unpredictability; I'd compare them to greenskins from WHFB. They were fun to play as well. Best bet is to get some minis, paint them up, and get in a bunch of games to get a feel for what works and what doesn't. And always take the Dirty Cheater upgrade, because it is dirty.

• Like 1

Gremlins are, on the whole, very fast and can achieve a lot but they are rather squishy and since they power up their speed (and possible crazy damage) by taking wounds, it's a bit of a knife's edge that they are walking on.

In effect, they have a further resource management mini game going on using their wounds. They do have fantastic healing and are capable of utterly insane damage.

They tend towards low Wp thus being a bit more susceptible than average to the weirder shenanigans inflicted by the enemy. But they often have nice card draw mechanics so can counter the low values when needed, in a way.

Gremlins are, on the whole, very fast and can achieve a lot but they are rather squishy and since they power up their speed (and possible crazy damage) by taking wounds, it's a bit of a knife's edge that they are walking on.

In effect, they have a further resource management mini game going on using their wounds. They do have fantastic healing and are capable of utterly insane damage.

They tend towards low Wp thus being a bit more susceptible than average to the weirder shenanigans inflicted by the enemy. But they often have nice card draw mechanics so can counter the low values when needed, in a way.

Well put Math.

All in all, Gremlins are quite okay. ;)