Toad Painter's Resser Crew

ToadPainter

Nice paint jobs. Also good to see the new dogs finally painted.. They really are bad sculpts. You did a really good job painting them though, I'm not saying that.

I don't think they're that bad, actually. The middle one looks really odd but the two leaping ones are actually quite nice, I think. At least when painted up to this level! They look a bit awkward, but I feel that fits their zombie state.

As for the painting, the fur texture has been pulled masterfully and the glistening sinews are just amazing! Really fantastic work.

Looking great!

If you don't mind my asking... what are those wonderful leaves? XD I saw something like them a few years ago, but by the time I got around to ordering them, they were no where to be found

They look like painted birch seeds to me. Those are used a lot in minis these days. I'm kinda of two minds about them, personally, but they are great for livening up these sorts of street bases where tufts can look a bit out of place.

Jeremy: Gale force 9 autumn leaves or something similar to that.

Uruk: I normally have some kind of different tones for flesh, but I've never done zombie flesh before. I didn't want it to look too "alive" . I'm going to experiment on the crooked men after I finish up nico and mort. Here's an example of my living flesh:tMmMSYM.jpg

Thanks for all the posts!

• 3 weeks later...

Rwwin: No one locally could get the hanged for some reason and I had just bought the mindless zombies so I thought he had the best pose for a hanged. Just rolled some very thin greenstuff and added the rope like that. Also used the stupid big zombie as a corpse construct, perfect size and saves me from having two of the same pose models!

Zfiend: yeah definitely needed facial hair and hilariously now looks quite similar to a red bearded friend of mine of Irish descent!