First Pandora game

Skullz

I have found some one to play soon hopefully next week. And would like to take Pandora. The player is also new to the game myself and has mentioned he has Sonnia.

After a quick look at Sonnia I am freaking scared of all that blasty goodness.

The game would likely be 35SS which is the most the Sonnia crew box can get to. So done a little thinking and decided;

Pandora:-

Voices

Cry for me

Aether Connection

Candy:-

Fears given form

Best behaviour

Baby Kade:-

Depression

Sorrow

Sorrow

Leaves me with five soulstones in my Cache.

Trying for a little control, as well as to draw out cards from their control hand. And if the Cry for me blast catches Sonnia it can help even further. A turn not worrying about her attack potential.

Please note that we have sorted out schemes or strats. In that regard, I am tempted to take out one of the sorrows for the Poltergeist if there is a scheme that could do with more mobility.

I'm also curious what else you have available to you and what are/were the strat/schemes. Typically when I take Voices (see damn near always with Pandora) I take Depression on her so I can guarantee the suit needed (if I have one in hand to discard) on all her duels, meaning everything she attacks potentially will be paralyzed (and makes the opponent really start cheating high vs potentially only taking min damage at best). 

I have Pandora's box set. Plastic Lilith on her own and Lucius box set in the post.

Thinking of spreading out but not too far. Enough to reduce Sonnias blasts a little. And then keep the witchlings useless as much as i can as i attempt to kill Sonnia if i need to. Or then be free to complete schemes.

OK! You will need to spread out, as you said. Keep the Sorrows hidden! Sonnia will eat them alive otherwise. Remember, they can stay hidden and still radiate their Misery aura pretty effectively. Sonnia is probably a hard counter to Pandora. Disrupt magic can really put a dent into the effectiveness of Candy and Pandora. I would try and get Sonnia engaged with something, in order to protect the crew. Pandora can fit that bill. Especially if you have The Box Opens and Fears Given Form on her. Pandora can keep Sonnia engaged while she keeps out of her engagement range.

I have really little experience of using Voices. I find it vastly inferior to The Box Opens. Not that its bad, but The Box Opens is just that good! When I had Voices work ok, I took a Doppelganger and Ama No Zako who tried and eat everything in sight.

If you want to expand with Pandora (and Neverborn in general), I would suggest that you get Doppelganger, Teddy (works very well with Kade in any Neverborn crew), Primodial Magic (best thing you can get for 2ss in the game), and the Dark Debts box set (Illuminated!!!).

What do you mean with keeping the Sorrows hidden Tom? Hidden from Sonnia? The Misery aura only works within line of sight or not?

It only works within LoS like majority of auras. It only has 6" range too, so it's best to hide them well until they can actually make use of the aura. If they ever get within 6" of Sonnia, you better make sure they are engaged with her as well.

Aura's LoS is not important thing. Important thing is Flameburst. 

Sonnia can kill a Sorrow by 1-2 Flameburst and summon a witchling stalker by Reincarnation Upgrade. 

So If you want to use Sorrow, hide them until you can use them as Myyrä said. 

Don't overrate Sorrow. Misery is good, but Sorrow is very fragile against Ca attack. 

Aura's LoS is not important thing. Important thing is Flameburst. 

Sonnia can kill a Sorrow by 1-2 Flameburst and summon a witchling stalker by Reincarnation Upgrade. 

So If you want to use Sorrow, hide them until you can use them as Myyrä said. 

Don't overrate Sorrow. Misery is good, but Sorrow is very fragile against Ca attack. 

Luckily this is no longer the case, Nical. The 1/2015 FAQ clarified it so that Sonnia can't flameburst + summon together now.

Q: Can Sonnia kill a target with Flameburst, trigger Consuming Flame, and then use the Violation of Magic Ability to summon a Witchling Stalker? What happens first, Consuming Flame or Violation of Magic?
A: Violation of Magic happens first so Sonnia would not be able to summon a Witchling Stalker. Violation of Magic occurs “when the target is reduced to 0 Wounds.” This would happen during Step 5 of the duel process (Determine Success) as results are applied during this step (Core Rulebook pg. 33). Consuming Flame is an After Damaging Trigger, which occurs after Step 5 (Core Rulebook pg. 32). So Consuming Flame would not have given the target Burning before Violation of Magic happens and no Witchling Stalker may be summoned (unless, of course, the target already had Burning from another source). (1/1/15)

Luckily this is no longer the case, Nical. The 1/2015 FAQ clarified it so that Sonnia can't flameburst + summon together now.

Q: Can Sonnia kill a target with Flameburst, trigger Consuming Flame, and then use the Violation of Magic Ability to summon a Witchling Stalker? What happens first, Consuming Flame or Violation of Magic?
A: Violation of Magic happens first so Sonnia would not be able to summon a Witchling Stalker. Violation of Magic occurs “when the target is reduced to 0 Wounds.” This would happen during Step 5 of the duel process (Determine Success) as results are applied during this step (Core Rulebook pg. 33). Consuming Flame is an After Damaging Trigger, which occurs after Step 5 (Core Rulebook pg. 32). So Consuming Flame would not have given the target Burning before Violation of Magic happens and no Witchling Stalker may be summoned (unless, of course, the target already had Burning from another source). (1/1/15)

Oops, I forget it. But It just worked Severe Damage.

Flameburst Damage is 2/3/5, So if Sorrow(full wounds) hit by Flameburst trigger Consuming Flame....

Weak : Sorrow lose 2 wound and get Burning+1, so Guild needs something to kill poor Sorrow. 

Moderate : Sorrow lose 3 wound and get Burning+1, so Neverborn needs something to save poor Sorrow.  

Severe : Sorrow is gone. Nothing happen. 

In Weak / Moderate situation, Sonnia can cast Flameburst again to summon Witchling Stalker(If she can). 

In Weak / Moderate situation, Sonnia can cast Flameburst again to summon Witchling Stalker(If she can). 

Most definitely. It's just there to stop the fast 1 shot + summon. It doesn't, overall prevent her using Flameburst to summon if the target were already on fire (via someone/something else or a previous Flameburst attack), but just so she can't roll in and start one shotting little guys, or weakened enemies, and getting minions with no effort overall.

Nevertheless, it's something you do have to respect and watch out for if facing her. 

Expanding my crews, I like the idea of Doppelgangers, but not the produced model. For me a male dressed in a long coat and hat, tilting it down to hide his face, not to obviously, just enough that people passing him think he is acknowledging them before gracefully moving along to his target. That is what catches my eye for Doppelgangers in general.

Otherwise. Plan on Graves and Tannen. Hehe.

Played the game today.

Was really fun.

Took:

Pandora

- Aether Connection
- Cry for Me

- The Box Opens

Candy

- Fears Given Form

- Good Behaviour

Baby Kade

- Depression

Sorrow

Poltergeist

The game was Reckoning.

Schemes

Take Prisoner, Murder Protege, Breakthrough, Protect Territory and Line in the Sand.

We both ended up taking Murder Protege and Protect Territory. He declared Protect Territory on turn 2.

Ended 7-4 to him.

Points for myself-

Remember Manipulative and Terrifying.

Had a great moment with Samuel. Near the end of the turn tried to put mood swings on to him so I could force him to activate first next turn. Failed. Next turn, he got initiative and activated Samuel. Candy gave him a gift, Hehe. That time I forgot about her Fears Given Form which could have killed him as he only had  life at that time and was the target to kill.

Best moments, Pandora Fading memory over most of the board avoiding Sonnia's attacks. Let down by being killed by a lowly Witchling Stalker.

Worst, Baby Kade doing one damage to Sonnia, then she kills him and heals that one damage. (Black jokers ruined his charge)

Overall, a very fun game and giving each other advice on this and that as we played. 

Played the game today.

Was really fun.

Took:

Pandora

- Aether Connection

- Cry for Me

- The Box Opens

Candy

- Fears Given Form

- Good Behaviour

Baby Kade

- Depression

Sorrow

Poltergeist

How about replacing Pandora's Aether Connection to Fears Given Form in next reckoning game? 

Fears Given Form is Rare 2 and for Master / Henchman, So Pandora can take it.