Should have stuck with Guild

lusciousmccabe

So as often happens my plans for a small Guardsman themed crew has ballooned out to include half the range. 

Currently I'm working on my Outcasts and figured I'd post some for advice. I think for Bishop I'm going to go with dark blue-grey armour and then just tidy him up, for Sue I can't decide whether to add in another colour on his armour or sleeves or to stick with the dark grey all over.

Oh and apololgies for the poor quality pics. I had to borrow my wife's phone to take them and have absolutely no idea what I'm doing.

gallery_28668_347_2732407.jpg

gallery_28668_347_993688.jpg

Cheers!

I think blue-grey armor will look good on Bishop. It will work with the green pants and pale skin.

To me, despite being the man in black, Sue needs something to make him stand out from the crowd. I would do it by painting the body of the guitar in an eye catching color.   I don't have the skills to do the purple flames , but to me the guitar needs something to indicate its importance.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
So I finished these guys off, pictures are still crap.

My painting skills weren't up for anything intricate on Sue's guitar so I just went for a brass and steel look, think it's alright. Bishop's face turned out to be really annoying because of his hair and the direction he's looking so I just did my best. And while I was waiting I decided to start working on something a little bit bigger.  :)

gallery_28668_347_1805002.jpg

gallery_28668_347_1432962.jpg

gallery_28668_347_2464924.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

So with a small amount of free time returning to my life I managed to get some painting done. Here's the original sculpt Victori, I'd say they're about half-way finished. I'm not really happy with the bases, I used this stuff putty called making waves which is actually quite good, but trying to work a straight edge into it give pretty inconsistent results. The conversion of the left Vic was a happy accident as I got her with no hands and managed a transplant from alt metal Lilith, who happened to come with an extra set.

As always the pictures are a bit crap. I did manage to get some natural light in which I think helps but spring in Ireland doesn't exactly give you a lot of it to work with.

gallery_28668_347_1376041.jpg

gallery_28668_347_1107297.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Making slow progress with the Victorias. I had the inside of this one's coat a kind of dark blue, but it ended up looking far more like Spider Man than I intended so I decided to switch for white. Now I'm thinking the white's too jarring against the otherwise dark and dirty model. Anyone have any suggestions for what I can do about this?

gallery_28668_347_61376.jpg

Why not just the original grey for the inside of the coat? It's neutral. (Though I do like the white on the lapels a lot.) And then maybe the trousers in the same tone as the middle Crooligan's? It's somewhat close to her hair colour so shouldn't make the mini look disjointed.

Really love you Stolen and Crooligans, btw. A fun idea and they look great!

• Like 1

Why not just the original grey for the inside of the coat? It's neutral. (Though I do like the white on the lapels a lot.) And then maybe the trousers in the same tone as the middle Crooligan's? It's somewhat close to her hair colour so shouldn't make the mini look disjointed.

Yeah that grey looked a lot bluer in person than in the photos, especially when I highlighted it up. Maybe I should go back and replace it with a neutral dark-grey but I also like the white, problem is deciding how much of it to keep.  :rolleyes:

Really love you Stolen and Crooligans, btw. A fun idea and they look great!

Cheers! Once I saw they used amount of boys and girls for both sets I just had to go with it. I occasionally run a crew where Hamelin and the Obedient Wretch are the only adult models (unless you count Nix). The effect is... unsettling.   :)

• Like 1

So I'd like to call these ladies done, but I think it's more of a case of me accepting that this is as good as i'm going to get them. I ended up keeping the white on Victoria of Ashes as it made her look more like a badass heroin to Blood's serial killer.

I could definitely do with touching up the leathers and toning down that black-lining, but I'm quite glad I started photographing my models or I wouldn't notice these things!

gallery_28668_347_125329.jpg