Set'er Off and Pig Charge Abilities

Phinn

Further to the pigcharge say I'm with in 2" of a gremlin and I charge a enemy target.

Do I get two attacks like a normal charge but for the cost of 1AP?

During my charge I use the Gore ability and have to declare a trigger say I get a mask or feathers for my first attack the second attack against my original charge target I get a ram trigger. So I deal damage to target take a wound then charge a new target for 0AP as it is a trigger and get another potential 2 attacks at the target as it was a charge leaving me still with 1AP?

I can then charge again if my new target is dead or make another attack?

Is that correct or am I getting to much bang for my buck?

You're correct. And this is why Piglets are amazing.

Is the question here something like this:

Start piglet's activation. No friendly  gremlins within 2". so it MUST spend 1 AP to do the pig-charge. During the charge attacks, it kills the target.

It is now unengaged and not within 2" of friendly gremlin, so it MUST (once again) take the Pig-CHarge action for 1 AP.

???

Edit: removed erroneous reference to pigs

According to the first post

Set'er Off: When this model has the opportunity to declare an Action, if it is not engaged or within 2" of a friendly Gremlin, it must take a Charge Action if there is a legal target available.

Start piglet's activation. No friendly  gremlins within 2". so it MUST spend 1 AP to do the pig-charge. During the charge attacks, it kills the target.

It is now unengaged and not within 2" of friendly gremlin, so it MUST (once again) take the Pig-CHarge action for 1 AP.

Thats largely right, except there are some slight subtlties.

Start activation. No friendly Gremlin within 2" so must declare a charge. It can choose to spend 1 or 2 ap ON THIS CHARGE but it MUST declare a charge.

If you chose to only spend 1 Ap (due to the pig charge ability), and if it kills the target during its charge, then, when it completes it it has 1 Ap and is unengaged, so it must declare a charge. It can't choose this charge to be 2 AP unless it has 2 AP. if it only has 1 AP and must declare a charge then it will pig charge. It can't avoid declaring this charge by trying to not use Pig charge.

If you chose to spend 2 AP on the charge, and kill a model, then  at the end of the charge you have 0 AP remaining, so can't charge again.

What all of this means: The Piglet can get an amazing six attacks in a round (two from each Pigcharge, plus two more from the Rampage trigger), but only if things work out and you plan it well.

The limitations about having to charge mean that Piglets require a lot of planning to use well, and you're always playing a numbers game with your suits, the angles of your charge, and the threat of losing control. You often send out Piglets far afield where they might go crazy. If you time your activations right, you can turn it to your advantage, but all the seeming chaos of Piglets really means that you want to do more planning.

^Could not find the Rampage trigger. Did find a Stampede trigger, which is kind of interesting, but can only be declared once per activation. With Lenny around, it can be an almost-auto-trigger event. Tasty. 

The little piggies have potential.

You only check for pig charge at the start of the activation though?

That is Bayou Rampage - a Wild Boar Ability.

Bayou Rampage: At the start of this model's Activation, if it is not engaged, within :aura 2 of a friendly Gremlin, or within :aura 8 of a friendly model with the Pork Whisper'n Ability, it must take the Charge Action if it is able and there is a legal target available.

• 1 year later...