Waldgeist 2.0

madaxeman

Looks like the soon-to-be-released plastic Waldgeist box will have three models in it - however the metal 1.0 blister was just the one figure, and most of the list I've seen seem to only make room for one as well. 

Does this mean that there is something materially changed under 2.0 that means these chaps now need to be/work better in 2's or 3's ?

Maybe 10% of all minions are such that I would consider taking three of them into the same crew (if we discount summoning) if I'm aiming for an optimal configuration. Luckily, Waldgeists are a part of that 10%. They are extremely durable (a rarity with Neverborn) and can work as fantastic area denial models. Especially for Squatter's Rights, they can be absolutely amazing with their extreme melee range.

Maybe 10% of all minions are such that I would consider taking three of them into the same crew (if we discount summoning) if I'm aiming for an optimal configuration. Luckily, Waldgeists are a part of that 10%. They are extremely durable (a rarity with Neverborn) and can work as fantastic area denial models. Especially for Squatter's Rights, they can be absolutely amazing with their extreme melee range.

3 in the same list? Really? :)

3 in the same list? Really? :)

They are insanely durable for 6 SS, their attack doesn't suck and they have utility as well. It's 18 stones for three so it's not like you won't have points for other stuff and they give OK numbers and are easy activations - they are happy going first or last. Finally, the havoc you can cause with six 50mm Severe terrains is nothing to scoff at. They are slow, but that is their only weakness.

OK - that's good to know. Wait for the new 3-pack then :-)

I was thinking of them as beasts in a Marcus Arcanist crew....

I tend to build my Marcus crews with a lot of flexibility so I don't think I've ever fielded three of anything but I have fielded two 'Geists at times......normally it's just one....but I agree with Math and Joel.....if you're opponent can't get around the armor then they are stupid good for 6ss. Survivable, massive threat range, amazing Triggers. In something like Squatters or Interact required Schemes (I really like them for Turf War especially if there are Interact required Schemes).......two of them can totally shut down a huge area of the table with their reach.

I'm gonna charge that guy.......no, you're engaged. I'm gonna shoot that guy........no, you're engaged. I'm gonna drop a Scheme Marker.....no, you're engaged. LOL.....it can be quite frustrating.

OK- so now they can throw down 50mm circular forests then?

Should I be making the forest markers before I get the models - and how many of them will I need?

Two per geist. They are severe terrain and provide soft cover (so make sure that you can put models inside). It's their only (0)Action, so expect to see the two forests per geist most of the time.