Lynch Additions

Lucian1000

Morning all I'm wondering what other things people have added to their Lynch collection. I've got tots, teddy, doppelgänger as well as the normal things such as depleted and graves etc.

I've bought Pandora and was wondering what could work well with her too? I will probably get Lilith now I have the tots but wondered if there are other go to choices that have good synergy with both lynch and pandora as I seem to field the same core of minis whilst running Lynch and I'm sure a few additions would help with achieving schemes etc and be more fun!

I play almost exclusively his theme crew. 

3 Depleteds

2 Illuminateds

Huggy

Rising Sun Lynch

That's my core. Then I add other models like Mr. Graves, Terror Tots, Doppelganger, Mr. Tannen, depending on my mood and if the schemes are shouting for something in particular. I have had a blast with Lynch though. Absolutely amazing master. :)

I have played most of my games without Beckoners, I use the Depleted's as roadblocks to get up and close and try to hit something (usually they don't). Mainly they just stand in the way collecting points from schemes and strat and once they die (which I hope they do at some point) they do 2 damage and brilliance, mean while my Illuminateds have positioned themselves in charge range ready to get in. 

Or I use Lynch to go first, mulligan the bad cards away, then use him to tag a model or models with Play For Blood for 2 damage and Brilliance and let the crew chew them up, usually he just pops from behind a corner, tags a model and gets back to safety and after that it's Illuminated or Huggy time. When Huggy dies I play Lynch more aggressively to bring Huggy back and then it's off to hiding again :D 

But to answer the question, Lynch puts out Brilliance, Huggy puts out Brilliance, Depleted's put out Brilliance usually by dying but at that point with Hard to Wound, Hard to Kill and 8 wounds they have done their job already, and there's 3 of them. Except my last game where I made some really bad positioning errors and they all ended up blowing up with no one getting Brilliance.. Lesson hopefully learned.. Damn McCabe pushing and moving models out..

Ah cool I will try that combo the weekend. I've always shied away from them as they are insignificant so felt them lacking. I was going to use one as a speed bump for Lynch as protection but may try three now. Thanks :)

They are horriblehorriblehorrible in Reconnoiter. Horrible! They are actually rather crazy fast and don't die and if they do, whatever killed them is in deep waters. Horrible.
  • Like 1

I know Insignificant drives people away from them but they are still minions, which means they are accounted for in most schemes and strats, they just can't do specific ones but you can do them with the rest of the crew. I have really liked them a lot and it's the only minion I use 3 of :D Might not be for everyone but I like themed list a lot and I think they are really doing their job really well. They can be really fast as well, swinging 13" forward in one activation, especially if you make a train out of them, fling one forward with Graves by Showing the door then just Drawn to Light one of them towards the flinged one, walk that twice, Drawn to light another one and then finally Drawn to light the flinged one to one of the further ones and that flinged Depleted is up to 19" forward the table on turn 1 :D

I have tried the Beckoner quite a few times but I feel I'm not getting anything out of it. It will show up later on for another run but for now I am having fun with 3 Depleteds instead :)

• Like 1

I hate Beckoners. Because I play against them, that means they are rather good. However, I hate Graves and Illuminated, too. Oh, and how I hate Depleted. When a 4 SS model survives a charge from Perdita, it's obviously overpowered! :D And don't get me started about Tannen! That stupid bugger makes me grind my teeth.

All Lynch's thematic crew is very good. It's mostly the problem what not to take than the other way round.

From the rest of the Neverborn, Tots are great runners, obviously. Sorrows can be a headache, as well. One of my opponents often takes a Sorrow outside a Pandora's crew, just for the occasional Paralyze.

I literally use anything that can put Brilliance out to do it as and when it seems beneficial. I've even used the Illuminated's ranged attack to put out a Brilliance Cloud then have another Illuminated charge in to finish off the target. Another useful addition to Lynch's crew could be Stitched Together. Didn't see anybody mention them although I didn't look that hard!  :lol:. They have some interesting tricks up their sleeves that Lynch can make use of. 

I always run my Lynch crew with 2 Illuminated and a Beckoner, always. I find the Lure and Despicable Promises actions invaluable. Dunno why zFiend doesn't use them more! He's a big fan of the Belles in his Resser crews although Belles have raised controversy in the past with that uber Lure of theirs. 

In fact the last lynch list I ran utterly crushed Perdita, it consisted of the following

Jakob Lynch -- 5 Pool
 +The Rising Sun [2]
 +Woke Up With A Hand [2]

Hungering Darkness [0]
 +Fears Given Form [1]
Beckoner [7]
Mr. Graves [8]
Terror Tot [4]
Terror Tot [4]
The Depleted [4]
The Illuminated [7]
The Illuminated [7]

This has a little of everything and really worked a number over on Perdita's crew

I don't know why I don't use Beckoners. Could be that I find 7ss for them too high. They give out Brilliance and they bring Lure. I don't feel like I am missing on sources of Brilliance though and I don't feel I really need Lure in a Lynch crew as it likes to get up and close anyway. The Depleteds serve their purpose as a roadblock/tarpit for enough AP that isn't getting through to the rest of the crew that once they are killed the model that does it usually dies right after that. While the Depleteds are being beaten and killed there's more than enough time to do positioning, do some schemes etc with the rest of the crew until they are ready to start sharing the pain. 

While I could take a Beckoner, Lure a model in, try and give it Brilliance all that AP is free to be dished out on the rest of my crew and I don't like my precious Illuminateds getting beaten. I find it that it takes a lot of AP to get rid of 3 Depleteds and the reward for it is basically a ton of beating works better for me. 

I discovered this by trying to beat the Vikkies with Lynch, everytime I brought a Beckoner etc I lost activations, I took vulnerable models and just lost the game by a total tabling. When I swapped to Depleteds it took a lot longer for them to churn through those 4ss models and sink their AP there I could then charge in and just start dropping them instead of the other way around. If all goes nice and well by the time the Depleteds die you have Illuminateds and or Huggy unactivated, so that's two models charging in uninterrupted with plus flips and increased damage. Can't say no to that mate :)

I definitely see the benefit of Depleted, I often replace Tots for Depleted instead if the scheme pool is more beneficial. They are damn fine models for their cost and can be a royal pain in the ass for anybody who finds themselves in a position where they need to be killed. They are the Metal Gamin of the Neverborn, obnoxious little minions who just wont die!