BKFaux - Malifaux Escalation Tournament in NYC @ Nu Brand Gaming 9/27/14

Guy in Suit

I'm proud to announce BKFaux - our first Malifaux event a Nu Brand Gaming - a tabletop gaming club located in Brooklyn, New York.

Nu Brand Gaming is a unique venue consisting of private and semi-private and open gaming rooms complete with all the essentials - tables, terrain, extra storage space and of course, cup-holders!  Check them out here:  https://www.facebook.com/NuBrandGaming

The venue is easily accessible via public transit to the 36th Street subway station in Brooklyn - 1 Stop from the LIRR terminal at Atlantic and 5 stops from Penn Station via the D train.  For drivers there is street parking, both metered and free, which can be found easily within a block or two.

I have negotiated a deal with the proprietor for this event and a flat $15 fee will be charged for all non-members - there is no need to pay the hourly rate for the space.  If you are already a paying member of NBG - this event is FREE. (If you aren't a member and have been considering it - this is a great chance! Memberships start as low as $30.)

We will be using the 2014 Gaining Grounds rules packet with four tweaks:

• Escalation - Rounds will be pointed as follows:
  1. 30 SS (Henchman Led)
  2. 40 SS
  3. 45 SS
  4. 50 SS
  • Scoring - the beginning round with Henchman led crews will be considered a warm-up round with scores weighted at 50% - effectively a tie-breaker and a vessel for establishing initial pairings for the full-sized rounds. (and to give you a chance to to get over your hangover...)
  • Painting is not required but strongly encouraged.  There will be prize(s) for painting. 
  • Proxies are allowed with TO approval. Please submit your proxy with a picture to me via PM by 9/15/14.  (Regulars feel free to show me in person.)

The event will take place on Saturday, September 27th with the following schedule:

• 10:00 Arrive, sign in, collect for lunch order
  • 11:00 Round 1
  • 12:15 Lunch
  • 1:00 Round 2
  • 2:45 Round 3
  • 4:45 Round 4
  • 7:00 clean up, prizes

Note that the venue remains open until 11pm - so for those animals who can't get enough feel free to stick around for more gaming! We also usually head to a nearby bar for some snacks and drinks once our gaming urges have been satiated. 

My cache of prizes has been recently re-upped following a precipitous Gencon order, so expect to see the following up for grabs:

• Nightmare Whiskey Golem
  • Nightmare Teddy
  • Hired Guns
  • Bound By Law
  • Hide and Seek
  • Hologram fate deck
  • Miss Ery
  • Miss Demeanor
  • Miss Step
  • And many more!

Note - pre-registration is required for this event and will be handled via the Nu Brand Gaming Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/events/1467754560144746/ If you have some reason that you are unable to register via Facebook please let me know.

• Like 2

Not gonna lie...  if I wasn't coaching my son's soccer team this fall, which is killing my weekends, I would definitely make this trip down if I could share a room with a few traveller's or find a couch to sleep on.

The format looks very much fun and the venue is very similar to my own gaming group's hall and I that makes any event that much better.

Very sad I can't do it, hope it works out and you do it again after Fall soccer!

I will be looking to pass this to the Hudson Valley Malifaux players. I am definitely interested as I will be down in the city for other reasons as well, so I just have to see about getting my finances in order before I can safely RSVP with a "Heck Yes".

~Lil Kalki

We are getting a strong response, and if all our 'Maybes' confirm and become 'Yes' we will be close to selling out.

If you plan to attend PLEASE RSVP via the event page.  'Maybe' is helpful for us as we work on a contingency plan to add more space, but we can only setting up tables and reserving a spot for those who have selected 'Yes'.

If you do RSVP 'Yes' but find out you can't come, be sure to let me know as we will likely soon have a wait list. 

• Like 1

We are getting a strong response, and if all our 'Maybes' confirm and become 'Yes' we will be close to selling out.

If you plan to attend PLEASE RSVP via the event page.  'Maybe' is helpful for us as we work on a contingency plan to add more space, but we can only setting up tables and reserving a spot for those who have selected 'Yes'.

If you do RSVP 'Yes' but find out you can't come, be sure to let me know as we will likely soon have a wait list. 

FYI, I added it to the calendar for ya. 

https://twitter.com/PFalcon83/status/503933730562777088

• 3 weeks later...

Just one week to go!  We had a drop so still room for two more players to fill our 20 spot roster.  

Strats and Schemes have been determined, so download the linked score sheet and start your strategizing!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ix64rhhfez3s3kl/MaliTourney.pdf?dl=0

(Yes, I realize some of these combo's could not actually be flipped per the normal rules, and yes, it is intentional, and yes, it is awesome.)