3" push and 3" melee range

StuffedKiwi

Question

This came up in a game tonight. Lilith, who has the Living Blade upgrade (Ml range increased to 3"), is in base to base with Fuhatsu. Fuhatsu performs his Madman with a Gatling Gun action; Lilith fails the WP duel, and is pushed 3" away from Fuhatsu. So the question we had was whether Lilith and Fuhatsu were still engaged? Could Fuhatsu shoot? Did Lilith need to charge in order to attack him, or could she stand there and swing?

Thanks in advance.

As Cunning Stunt said above it's impossible to be that precise when moving things around. It's a game, not mathematics theory. That kind of precision is not possible to attain. So if you have to use simplified math in most aspects of the game you have to use it in all aspects. You can't say that you're going to place yourself exactly 2" away from something.....it isn't possible when moving things by hand or with a tape measure.....so if you can't do that, then you can't say that if you push 2" away from someone that you're actually 2.00000000000000000001" inches away.

You can't pick and choose when to apply precision math over simplified math. The lion's share of the game is done in simplified math, so simplified math is used for everything.

But I am able to. II can place a marker that is touching the base, we both would agree that they are in contact, only that I would say, if the issue should ever arise, that the distance is greater than 0 while you would say that it is 0.

They can't be in contact if there is a distance between them. 

Personally find this a fascinating discussion, maybe because I'm odd, and personally I can see and understand both sides of the argument. That being said...

<mod hat>

This has really started to leave the subject of Malifaux as a game and get into an almost philosophical argument about the nature of contact and measurement. 

As the discussion seems to have stopped advancing and both sides look to be digging trenches for a protracted campaign I'm going to end things here before it gets too bloody.

</mod hat>

• Like 5