Noob trying to understand bayou two card...

Hopefully someone can help me.

Reading the bayou two card rule I am left wondering exactly how it works. It states that I may cheat with the top card of my fate deck. So, breaking it down, does that mean that I flip in a duel, I look at my control hand, look at the top card of my fate deck, choose which one I want to cheat with, then cheat?

If I look at the top card of my fate deck and it is a rubbish card, meaning that I want to cheat from my control hand, can I then just discard the top card onto my discard pile and cheat from my hand?

Finally, if I have no hand left, do I still get to choose to cheat with the top card of my fate deck, the important word being choose. Can I look at the card, decide to cheat, if I don't want to cheat with it can I just discard it and keep the original card I flipped in the duel.

Any advice would be appreciated :-)

You don't get to look at the top card of your deck for Bayou Two-Card.  It is essentially letting you reflip the result from the top of your deck if you failed the first time and don't want to cheat from your hand.  The second result of course stands and because it counts as cheating a card you can't cheat on top of it.

So it is not anywhere near as good as in any of your proposed scenarios and once you have done it you cant take it back.

Bayou two card allows you to cheat with the top card of your deck instead of with your hand.  You cannot choose to do both.  So if you flip a duel and want to cheat then you can either cheat from your hand or you can flip over the top card of the deck.  You do not get to look at the card on the top of your deck and decide whether to use it, once it's flipped it becomes your new card, you can't decide that you don't like it (because you have already cheated) and discard it.  You can use Bayou Two Card when you have no cards in your control hand.

It's a pretty useful ability.  Chances of you wanting to cheat in a card for a 3SS minion from your hand is slim so it gives you an extra chance at making them do something useful.  If they still fail well that's what you always expect them to do anyway!  Somer doesn't use it as much as you'll usually be happier to cheat cards from your hand but if you've got a poor control hand or no cards at all then it's always nice to get an extra shot at something.

Also bear in mind that it synergises well with Somer's ability to make both players discard their entire hand. Somer doesn't care so much, because his crew gets to essentially reflip anything they want to for two bites at the cherry. Your opponent will hate you for it though.

• Like 1

I love making us discard our hands! I generally attempt it at least once a game. I like running Somer in, making sure everyone knows that his hat is the biggest, then (0) for Quit screwin around to add insult to injury. then all the bayous who really dont care run around all willy nilly doing typical gremlin stuffs. 

• Like 1