Domoto's Paint Log of Malifaux Goodies

Domoto

Hey all!

So I attempted to get into Malifaux back in 1.5 but for various reasons it didn't happen, but I am happy to say I tried again and it's worked out much better this time

I am relatively new to painting (have only done about 5 or 6 models over a long period of time) but I grew up around it, I also read A TON about it (techniques,supplies ect) 

I decided on Gremlins as my faction this time around and am loving it so far, this log will mostly be Gremlin models because of it

I am using a Webcam for now which doesn't quite show all of the detail but it's the best I have access to

I figured I would start this log now and first up

Som'er, I still have the base to do and effects like dirt/mud but most all of the groundwork on the model itself is done and I am pretty happy with how he is coming

kgq1Shp.jpg

• Like 2

He looks great! Did you have lots of gap problems with the jaw?

The paint job itself is sweet so far! Love the green toning!

Thanks! yeah I was really happy with the overall skin tone. I had a lot of gap issues with the face and the left side belt. The whole box itself had a decent amount of gap issues in my opinion, was not a joy to assemble (especially those blasted Skeeters :angry: ), The whole kit required quite a bit of Green Stuff (the irony!) and fiddling, That being said it's a blast to paint  :P

Yeah I can see the joy you had in painting them up!

I'm still looking into getting Gremlins and, as I am not to much of a modeller, checking out the use of Liquid Greenstuff.

Wish to see the full thing painted! And offcourse Lenny etc.

• 3 weeks later...

Haven't had nearly as much time as I would like to paint, but I have made some more progress. The Bayou Gremlin on the right is mostly done barring the after effects, the left still has a ways to go, but so far I am really enjoying painting these guys :D

SB4DLXW.jpg

• Like 1

Well, I would say it's a mix of layering and then a tiny bit of glazing where the edges are too hard. For a medium I use a mix of about 60% water, 20% Winsor & Newton Artists Acrylic Flow Improver, and 20% Master Series Paint Drying retarder for all of my thinning