quick question about the judge

hrnyjackal

I've recently got the lady j box set and was flicking through the upgrades and rules and came across a speed bump.

The judges upgrade unrelenting leader gives him a tactical action: target friendly non leader model immediately performs a 1ap Ml action with a trigger to do it again.

Could you do it on yourself and get the trigger to give yourself two attacks for 1 ap?

so in theory if you trigger it twice (2ap for 4 attacks) and get his triggers each time to do a long arm pistol shot after each attack he would have 8 attacks!

It is very stone/card intensive but is it feasible? That would be 16 damage in one turn minium if he hit with every attack.

• Like 1

Judge can get 2 attacks per AP anyway with both of his attacks having a built in trigger for an extra attack, so would this allow him to put out 4 attacks from 1 AP with the right run of suits?

Combat effectiveness with a :tome gives a MI and then immediately perform again. 

For his MI you use his Blades & Bullets which needs a :mask and that then generates a second attack.

Now back to the 2nd combat effectiveness MI (can't trigger off this)

For his MI you use his Blades & Bullets again which needs a :mask and that then generates a second attack.

1AP and 4 attacks?  Only part I'm not sure about is the 'immediately do this again' vs the MI trigger of a second attack.

not an issue.  there is a very outside chance though of the judge hitting 16 attacks/turn with an incredible run or cards and suits.  Worth spending stones on to get those suits in the right circumstances.

The problem would be to get into a position where this would work. And getting the suits. And hitting every other attack. It's a more theoretical possibility.

But the trick per se is very good, I have used it myself repeatedly. Never combined it with Promises, though. Could be good.

Potentially in the perfect world this can make The Judge into one scary mofo. Of course the old Fate Decks don't tend to be that kind now do they?  ;)

Still, I'm half tempted to give it a try! This is almost as bad as having a Rail Golem's Locomotion go off like 6-7 times in a row. 

Yes it does work.

Needs 2 * 7 :tome , 2 other 7+ cards, and 4 :mask high enough to hit your opponent, and not hitting the Black joker on any of those 8 flips, or the 4 damage flips of the "first attacks" from Blades and Bullets.

Powerful, yes. Overpowered, I don't think so considering the resources.

It can be made better with promises and Badge of speed, but thats even more resources being spent.

It is the same as using Combat Effectivenesss on any other model with an extra attack trigger (like Santiago), so yea could be used on the Judge himself if you like.

EDIT: Except it only works on MI attack actions of course ;) ..so guess it works well with a large number of mercenaries.

So... While we're brainstorming ideal situations for this very interesting scenario...

If you start with bullets and blades which lets you Shoot, then Melee from range, if you had a family member in the mix with diestro on (frank, perhaps), you can put the enemy model at a negative twist when against the SH action. Though, this is the second of the attack actions, so you can't use it to more reliably hit the mask... 

You would then, however, be at something like 33 stones? Mabye a really cool reckoning list, though, as all three of them are hard to scratch off a hit list, as well as reliable killers themselves.

ENInja

I see this as an excellent way to get a lot of attacks out of 1AP, cycle a deck and drain your opponent's hand in equal measure. Yes, the resources required is high, but when you can have the Judge dealing 8Dg per AP minimum that's...quite brutal. 

- Valtyr

EDIT: And also gets some use out the Judge's personal Upgrade if you left out Executioners or other high-Ml models.