What Races?

wizdom

In the Fated Almanac, it states that players will want to choose a race. And yet, I can't find any listed races in the same book. Are they in the Fatemaster's Almanac perhaps? Do they have any mechanical differences between each other? Or does everyone basically play humans?

The base book is basically humans only.

There are six expansions planned though, covering gremlins, undead, constructs and neverborn, if memory serves. There may be others but those are the ones that come to mind.

That'll be where the race selection kicks in, I imagine.

I do wish that it didn't feel like information was excised from the books for those expansions, though. Sometimes, Future proofing just creates holes; it would have been better for the core books not even to mention race, and have the expansions go into it, IMHO.

I think it would have been a poor choice to simply not mention races; future-proofing your rules set is generally a good idea, at least for core products. However, including a line or two along the lines of "The default race for Fated in Through the Breach is Human, which has no modifiers. Future modules/expansions will include rules for Fated Neverborn, Bayou Gremlins, Stitched, Invested (and more!), and the rules surrounding their creation will be found in their respective books." would likely have removed any potential confusion.

• Like 1