UKGT 2014 8th and 9th November

OldManMyke

I have added the following paragraph to the rules pack

Players are welcome to use any of the lovely custom fate decks that are used around the scene.  However if there opponent objects to the deck (they may find it hard to read) then an Official Malifaux Fate Deck must be used (These are Original Card Decks, Foil Deck, Retro Fate Deck, Black or White Arcane Deck)  We will have spare decks on hand but if you can bring an alternative that will be great.

Updated rulespack can be found at https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9092628/UKGT%20Rules%20Pack.pdf

• Like 1

I have added the following paragraph to the rules pack

Players are welcome to use any of the lovely custom fate decks that are used around the scene.  However if there opponent objects to the deck (they may find it hard to read) then an Official Malifaux Fate Deck must be used (These are Original Card Decks, Foil Deck, Retro Fate Deck, Black or White Arcane Deck)  We will have spare decks on hand but if you can bring an alternative that will be great.

This is fair

Feels like a sensible solution but I fear that it will just be irrelevant.

I can see most players being too afraid that asking someone to change their deck to improve the game will come across as accusatory or just rude.

Again, people will look at me as the man with the "the end is coming" chalkboard, but we'll see.

A couple of quickies.

As we haven't got the venue on Friday is there somewhere we can meet up for the usual pre-event socoalising & beers?

Is there somewhere near the venue to get breakfast once we've helped set up?

On the first: I don't live in York, so I can't suggest anywhere with first hand experience (though there's tons of pubs in York) but I will ask Shane to suggest somewhere as he knows pubs ;)

On the second: there's a cafe on site, I'm checking whether they're doing bacon sandwiches they usually do with tournaments. Failing that there's BK/KFC/McD/Tesco's about 5 mins drive away, or a corner shop about 200 yards away.

A couple of quickies.

As we haven't got the venue on Friday is there somewhere we can meet up for the usual pre-event socoalising & beers?

Is there somewhere near the venue to get breakfast once we've helped set up?

I will need to double check what time Bob and I will be making it to the Hotel for (I'm guessing about 10) but if you guys are near buy I would love to meet up for a social bevvy.

So for Friday night, Shane reckons your best bet is to head to Micklegate in town as there's loads of places down there (there's generally no shortage of pubs in York).  That's pretty close to the Brewery in fact for Saturday.

The Brewery runs a few pubs in town as well you could try (http://www.york-brewery.co.uk/Pubs).

Gaming wise I'm not sure where you'll find space on a Friday night really.  Pretty sure Travelling Man runs Friday Night Magic at Lendall Cellars in town if you're inclined towards MtG but not sure where else to suggest.