arachnid swarm and other questions...

Hector Romero

Question

Hi all, confused again about some stuff in game.

1) "summon swarm": when u summon the swarm, they take damage? also, whats the point of summoning more than 2 arachnids for the swarm when the swarm card has no mention of having less WD or MI damage when attacking, it doesnt make sense but, i must be missing something.

2) lilith "disappear" : why does this ability have a  :mask ? It says this works when a MI attack fails, so why the suit?

3) "marcuahuiti ": for the brood part of this action, when you kill someone, they dont die and heal 1 WD, push then the targer gains paralyzed...why? whats the point? why cant i just kill the target? lol

12 answers to this question

Lilith's Trigger is Disappear. She needs that mask for it to go off.

Barboros's Weapon has that sweet trigger for things that like to Grow ie terror tots.  and since its a push the terror tots can pounce (if in range ofc) and make a free attack and maybe become a young neph.

why not summon 3 just need an 11+ of tomes and a Soul stone for the extra suit. 3 Steam arachnids seem to be alright.

i get it all except the steam arachnids swarm part, i still see no point. why summon 3 when the perks for 2 and 3 seem to be the same? on the swarm card, it mentions nothing about the quantity of the swarm and the benefits, if any, for summoning more than 2 for a swarm.

i get it all except the steam arachnids swarm part, i still see no point. why summon 3 when the perks for 2 and 3 seem to be the same? on the swarm card, it mentions nothing about the quantity of the swarm and the benefits, if any, for summoning more than 2 for a swarm.

Is there some confusion here between summoning "steam arachnids" and a "steam arachnid swarm"?

The action "summon the swarm" does NOT actually summon an arachnid swarm. It summons steam arachnids, the little ones on 30mm bases.

So when you summon 1, you get one steam arachnid that takes 1 damage.

When you summon 2, you get 2 steam arachnids that take 2 damage each.

When you summon 3, you get 3 arachnids, that take 3 damage each.

So the benefit between 2 and 3 is another cost 4ss steam arachnid...

ooooooh !!! i WAS confused about the swarm and single arachnids ! lol, i didn't know you were calling individual arachnids, i thought it was a swarm. ok well, this makes a lot more sense to me now except, if the 1 arachnid has 1 WD, wont their armor not even matter because it reduces by +1, to a minimum of 1. So, isn't that just a 1 shot kill since it has to take at least 1 WD and it only has 1 WD in the first place??

Its wounds suffered, not wounds remaining.

If you summon 1 arachnid it suffers 1 wound armor doesn;'t affect this, leaving it on 3. If you summon 2 arachnids, they each suffer 2 wounds, but the armor will reduce this to 1 wound, leaving each on 3. If you summon 3 arachnids, they each suffer 3 wounds. The armour reduces it to 2 wounds, so they show up with 2 wounds remaining.

The 30mm spiders start with 4 Wds, and then suffer damage when summoned - the amount of damage is determined by how many you've summoned, as described above.

So summoning 3 means that you have 3 spiders kicking around with only 2 Wds each - very vulnerable. But you have a few options with these guys --

1. Get someone with Bleeding Edge Tech within 8", so that when the spiders activate they Regen 1.
  2. Activate one of them almost immediately. The 30mm spiders have an action to summon a 50mm (40?) swarm if you sacrifice 3 spiders (total) in base contact.