Going off the board

SteampunkCake

Question

I've heard a few people at my local store talking about this tactic about either using a push or a control spell to make models leave the board.

So say I have the captain and I use air burst on a model that is 4" from the table edge, can I then push them off the table?

My initial reaction is no as there are no rules in the book about leaving the table, can anyone clarify this for me please?

8 answers to this question

If it's not in the book, you can't do it. :)

Doesn't that solve about 98% of the discussions on this forum?

Now I want to write up a Story Encounter set up in TorusWorld.

Wow. I'm just thinking about the potential mechanics of being able to go left and come in on the right. It would have to be left and right only though, else you could just run backwards from deployment and be behind your opponent. :) Imagine a model that could do it in any direction though. Glass-weak, but able to move large distances and pop in from the opposite side of the table.

• Like 1

Doesn't that solve about 98% of the discussions on this forum?

Wow. I'm just thinking about the potential mechanics of being able to go left and come in on the right. It would have to be left and right only though, else you could just run backwards from deployment and be behind your opponent. :) Imagine a model that could do it in any direction though. Glass-weak, but able to move large distances and pop in from the opposite side of the table.

You mean the malifaux raptor? he pops up where it wants and can do it every turn if it wishes

Better yet, get a slightly larger than normal circular table.  One side deploys in the middle.  The other side deploys on the edge of the table.  And make the wrap around rule that if you leave the table edge, you come back on the opposite side of the table going the other direction.

in 1.5, you d

Last edition if you got pushed off the board you were either killed or paralyzed (I can't remember which one )

Thankfully it's not in M2E :)

in 1.5 you get killed. My favorite tactic is Hamelin 1.5 pushing models off the board :ph34r: